• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What if we got lucky?

that wouldn't be lucky.

Just cause the masses write him off, doesn't mean he's even.close to being done.

People talk like he's been injured his whole career,when in reality it's only been the last two seasons that he's missed significant play time.

Before then he missed less time than d. Williams- fact.

He's still young. Before the bad tackle that took him out the last time (that poor tackle would have taken any rb out) he was running very well.

I expected him to get healthy for this season.

He is ready to play now.

So there isn't any "getting lucky".

I do wish more fans would pray for a healthy season from the most injured position in the entire NFL.

Instead we have iduits chirping he's done, and sucks, even through those are both lies.

I'm optimistic about Stew this season until he proves me wrong. Like you said, he seemed like he was getting into a rhythm until that BS knee tackle took him out (fuging Saints). He was running hard and like the only bright spot during that game.

Stew has honestly been the better back since 2011 IMO. He's just had a mix of bad luck and Chud's BS 1st half of 2012 offense. Once we went back to a normal offense he just so happened to get injured and had been injured since then.

I think a lot of us are forgetting how big a part of our run game he is.

It won't matter how healthy he is if our O-Line can't hold their blocks.

Stewart like Tolbert takes time to get going and by the time they get to the hole, it's usually closed.

It's not their fault, it's just a serious problem we have with our O-Line. They can't hold their blocks long enough for our backs to hit the hole.

Having Silatolu back and adding Turner will help but at the end of the day one is coming off of an injury and the other is a rookie. It could take at least til' week five before both of them are caught up physically mentally, and in Turner's case experience also plays a major role.

Not to mention the fact that we have the worst tandem of tackle's in the league.

It's not Stewart's, Tolbert's, or William's fault; it's just the way the cookie crumbles.

I'm not gonna get into a back and forth with you but I believe Stewart and Tolbert create holes. Every rb in the league needs to get into a rhythm to be successful as well. We had deangelo gets hit and falls back. That is not stew or Tolbert at all

I'm not gonna get into a back and forth with you but I believe Stewart and Tolbert create holes. Every rb in the league needs to get into a rhythm to be successful as well. We had deangelo gets hit and falls back. That is not stew or Tolbert at all

Disagree all you want but there is a reason we struggled at the goal line against San Francisco.

It takes time for Tolbert to get going so if there is no hole and he is forced to go to the outside he will be tackled. It's common knowledge that you don't exert as much force running laterally as you do running straight ahead.

If they get past the first hole they are fine, the problem is that first hole is rarely there forcing those bigger guys to bounce outside which is not a great recipe for success.

Our best results came on designed stretched plays for D-Will to the outside where all you have to do is hand him the ball and tell him to GO!!!

Disagree all you want but there is a reason we struggled at the goal line against San Francisco.

It takes time for Tolbert to get going so if there is no hole and he is forced to go to the outside he will be tackled. It's common knowledge that you don't exert as much force running laterally as you do running straight ahead.

We struggled at the goal line because San Fran has as good of a dline as ours. You gotta shake things up. Shula needed to be more creative unfortunately with the talent we had that wasn't possible. We now have red zone threats at wr.

I've really never noticed Tolbert needing holes maybe that's just me. I remember the cardinals game but He seemed to always get good yardage plowing through ppl for the most part. And why didn't you mention Stewart in your rebuttal?

He's been injured but relating to this thread if he is healthy he can be successful. We can be better in the middle of our oline than last year. We have the talent. Pass protection is bells biggest weakness. He is decent . Chandler is kind of up in the air cause we haven't seen much.

But Tolbert and stew fit the bruiser create their own hole type of backs

We struggled at the goal line because San Fran has as good of a dline as ours. You gotta shake things up. Shula needed to be more creative unfortunately with the talent we had that wasn't possible. We now have red zone threats at wr.

I've really never noticed Tolbert needing holes maybe that's just me. I remember the cardinals game but He seemed to always get good yardage plowing through ppl for the most part. And why didn't you mention Stewart in your rebuttal?

He's been injured but relating to this thread if he is healthy he can be successful. We can be better in the middle of our oline than last year. We have the talent. Pass protection is bells biggest weakness. He is decent . Chandler is kind of up in the air cause we haven't seen much.

But Tolbert and stew fit the bruiser create their own hole type of backs

Everyone needs holes... I don't see why there is a disagreement about that. You can't run over your own offensive linemen.

I think what you're trying to say is that Tolbert doesn't need his linemen to get to the second level which is an accurate statement. Once he gets past the line he is good for at least five yards. The problem is sometimes the line never gives him an initial hole forcing him to the outside and the middle linebacker is going to beat Tolbert to the outside every single time. Like I previously mentioned the force you exert moving laterally is significantly less than when you are running straight a head, meaning it's harder for Tolbert to break tackles when running laterally instead of running full steam ahead.

Either we need to find an offensive line that is capable of holding their initial holes long enough for our bigger and slower running backs to get there or we need to use our speed back and run everything to the outside. Those are our options in my opinion.

It's just frustrating knowing that Deangelo is one of, if not THE best 2nd level back in the league.  The fuging problem is he can hardly ever get to the 2nd level the last couple of years. Dude is straight money once he gets past the defensive line.

Stew and Tolbert can bully their way through all that and get the tough yards, but Deangelo would be by far the most dangerous if we had the proper blocking for him.

Cam, Deangelo, (healthy) Stew, and Tolbert with a good run-blocking offensive line?

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

No longer have to worry about the offense in 2014 because we'd just run the fug over everyone.  Hurney was a moron, and I'm not justifying those contracts by any means,,, but there's a reason he invested in the running game like that after Cam's rookie season.  If the poo would just come together that would be a terrifying backfield.

Back when both DWill & Stew topped 1100yds, they were asked who the best back in the league was. "Brad Hoover" was their answer, the man that created the holes. As much as I love some Tolbert, he is more used as a utility back than a straight fullback. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I see. Fiametta was supposed to be Hoov's replacement, but yeah...

I can see where the op is comin from, Stew stays healthy, DWill, Toldozer & Cam all do their thing... Could be a rushing attack like never before.. I do appreciate the optimism, hopefully we can get close to this group reaching their potential. They've all had time to heal, make it fuggin happen....

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Maybe the kid we drafted from Stanford can fill that role. We also have the Zordich dude from Penn State that is back this year. He is a true FB.

Archived