• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

USA vs GER

Well from a non-soccer fan's perspective that was about as satisfying as the draw with Portugal...

Questions...

Seemed like Germany got a lot more calls than we did...?  I still don't really get what is and isn't a foul.

Where was our offense?  Were they intentionally playing back?  From what I've seen of USMNT that seems to be their style...

Well from a non-soccer fan's perspective that was about as satisfying as the draw with Portugal...

Questions...

Seemed like Germany got a lot more calls than we did...?  I still don't really get what is and isn't a foul.

Where was our offense?  Were they intentionally playing back?  From what I've seen of USMNT that seems to be their style...

The conditions were abysmal, I'm sure both teams, with an eye on the next round, put an emphasis on avoiding injuries. I kinda sorta think they had a gentleman's agreement so they both advanced.

I would say this wasn't nearly as exhilarating as watching the Portugal game. My heart was in my throat the whole time. Portugal was also a much bigger letdown than this loss.

Questions...

No, they didn't. Both sides "got calls" the other side complained about and the refs "missed calls" for both sides too. It is what it is.

You saw us play Germany, one of the best teams on the planet. No need to ask where was this and where was that or if we did this or if we did that. The answer is: we played Germany.

Questions...

They did. A lot of fouls are subjective to an extent. The rules are black and white, where the opinion comes from is whether or not the ref felt it violated the rule.

A lot of our offense was on the sideline with Jozy being hurt, and most of it is funneled through Bradley,. The problem is, Bradley has been looking lackluster this cup, and today looked completely gassed from the close prior game in the hottest stadium in Brazil. There were a lot of sloppy passes today, and we lost the ball in the mid-third, which shut down any chance of attack. Good thing our defense was up for the task, because we really needed them to be.

US Man of the Match for me was Gonzalez. He was incredible, shutting down and clearing about 6 or 7 good chances for Germany. The kid played lights out.

Archived