• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread

Proudiddy

Irving just got a max deal.

And the NBA breathes a sigh of release. They can sleep a little easier knowing that money still talks. This is Irving's first big payday, so him taking it is understandable. Cleveland was desperate to keep him for PR reasons more than anything, so them offering it also is.

I am going to remain reserved about free agency.  keep in mind this is the same front office that just a week ago let Affalo slip through their fingers for a 2nd round pick.

You're talking about the Magic right?  

Did you want the Hornets to offer MKG, Henderson, the 24th, and the 9th for a slightly above average player.   I'm more excited about what Hairston can bring.

We tried....the Magic we're just looking to shed salary and to suck again.  We can't control that.

Did you want the Hornets to offer MKG, Henderson, the 24th, and the 9th for a slightly above average player. I'm more excited about what Hairston can bring.

We tried....the Magic we're just looking to shed salary and to suck again. We can't control that.

Lol, the magic GOT the player they wanted 2 years ago in the draft but missed out on. Its as simple as that.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Did you want the Hornets to offer MKG, Henderson, the 24th, and the 9th for a slightly above average player.   I'm more excited about what Hairston can bring.

We tried....the Magic we're just looking to shed salary and to suck again.  We can't control that.

no I am saying we could have done Denvers deal with no problems. Charlotte traded all their 2nd round picks anyways.  I cant figure out how they didnt walk away with affalo and denver did.

I am going to remain reserved about free agency. keep in mind this is the same front office that just a week ago let Affalo slip through their fingers for a 2nd round pick.

I think the only way we would've got Affalo was by giving up the 24 pick. They didn't need Henderson or his contract so I just didn't see it happening

no I am saying we could have done Denvers deal with no problems. Charlotte traded all their 2nd round picks anyways. I cant figure out how they didnt walk away with affalo and denver did.

Its simple fam, Orlando didn't want Gerald and had a strong previous interest in Evan. And Orlando was gonna draft him at 18 in 2012 but Denver took him at 17. So when Denver offered them a player they always wanted they jumped. Plus if you were them would you want Gerald at his age or Evan at 20 whose a knockdown shooter.

Its simple fam, Orlando didn't want Gerald and had a strong previous interest in Evan. And Orlando was gonna draft him at 18 in 2012 but Denver took him at 17. So when Denver offered them a player they always wanted they jumped. Plus if you were them would you want Gerald at his age or Evan at 20 whose a knockdown shooter.

r u retarded? Denver drafted at #20 after orlando

r u retarded? Denver drafted at #20 after orlando

Bro I couldn't remember the specifics. All I remember is they were high on Evan and they got another chance to get him. It's still simple to understand

no I am saying we could have done Denvers deal with no problems. Charlotte traded all their 2nd round picks anyways.  I cant figure out how they didnt walk away with affalo and denver did.

It wasn't about the draft picks.  It was about the salary cap.  There's no way we trade for Afflalo without having Henderson involved in the deal.  Henderson;s contract is what broke that deal apart.  I would be more upset if we were stuck with the contracts of both Afflalo and Henderson.  Especially when our secondary option (Hairston) wasn't a bad option.

So Cho was smart.  He traded the 2nds for future picks and cash considerations that help offset Henderson's bad contract.  

You make it seem like the 2nd round pick the Magic received is more appealing then the 1st we offered.  We could have gotten him....but we'd be stuck with Hendo too, and I mean really, who else would we have traded that would have made it worth it?  Only other guy is Garry Neal....but we're not trading our shooters when we're in need of them.

Afflalo is not a superstar or just a regular ol star for that matter, he'd be a great role player on a good team, but he doesn't put teams over the top otherwise the Magic wouldn't have sucked.  If we would have landed him, and had to keep Henderson it would have severely handicapped us going into the Stephenson sweepstakes.

Archived