• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rockets declined Chandler Parsons 4th-year option

Jakob

So when guys have bad games it is because of MKG, but when they drop 50+ it is on someone else right?

He played good defense on a bunch of the shots against James and melo. I went through and counted scores on MKG and those against other players and then which ones were because of bad defensive play.

The return was about 50/50 on MKG and on others, but generally good defense was played for the type of player James is and the fact we didn't have a rim protector.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Mkg off the bench is still a lot of minutes for him to swing between sf/sg...not alot changes except for better floor spacing..

If you dont mind me intruppting the bickering

Who is your slasher?? and defender. In this starting line up.

Who is Parson stopping and he only avg. 16 pts a game. How many was he giving up in houston?

Who is Parson stopping and he only avg. 16 pts a game. How many was he giving up in houston?

Offensively speaking we need spacers more than slashers.

Plus, no one is saying never play MKG again.

Correlation does not always mean causation.

But for the 100th time, MKG is a good defender and we are better defensively when he is on the floor.

But to say he is a catalyst that can't be started over is in my opinion innacurate.

Then who is???

You're the stat guy. 

How many points did players avg against MKG vs other players?

How many player scored their avg or over when facing MKG?

You have a player that is ask to guard 4 position cover up for the fact you don't have a true rim defender and take on the best and most athletic players in the game on a nightly bases.

When a player is getting hot do they put on him?

When we have a defensive end of game situation who is on the other teams best scorer?

Offensively speaking we need spacers more than slashers.

Plus, no one is saying never play MKG again.

Your Spacer can be a SG and PF while you still keep your best defender on the court.

Get a SG who can shoot and you still have a chance to have a pretty good defense.

Averaging 16 a game as a third option and the first two being Harden and Dwight Howard is pretty good.

Of course I support having him bc I watch him..just not cuddling his wall poster like someone with MKG.

What was MKG's ppg?' how much real slashing was he doing?

Again, a Parsons spreading the floor does not mean MKG is not out there..."SLASHING!!" MKG can guard most any 2 guard in the east..

Eh if it came down to signing parsons for 12-15 million or Stephenson 8-12 million I'm taking Stephenson. Ive wanted him all along. Everybody I talk to dosent want him tho. Personal I don't think he's that crazy. Him and Kemba played together in NYC. And big al is a leader and very no nonsense kinda guy. I think he comes in and keeps his nose clean.

I think the problem in Indiana was he wanted to show off his talents and show he was a budding star, which I agree with. I think PG is a little overated and lance wanted to be noticed while not being the key guy.

In charlotte he has the chance to be the 2nd guy and maybe the number one option going forward. He's got the talent and the skills. Just needs a chance. If we don't sign him and he takes off like James harden did I will be very disappointed.

I'll take Lance (12-15) over Parsons (8) any day of the week.

Stephenson was a major reason the Pacers had that horrible run toward the end of the season to pad his stats.

Jalen Rose and Chris Ford speak about it on the latest podcast..teammates were complaining Lance was going over their back to get rebounds...

Skill wise Lance is perfect for the Hornets..he just has that demeanor that brings a club down especially a young one.

That alone would make me stay away from him.

No one arguing if Lance is the better player..he can run the offense as a point forward..good defender and has scoring ability...but he is crazy..not the good kind.

The only way he'd start alongside Parsons would be if Parsons was at the 4, which means no McRoberts or even less Zeller. No way MKG is being put at the 2.

Parsons won't be playing the 4. We're stacked already and I don't care how young Zeller and Vonleh are. They will get big minutes.

I don't even believe that Parsons will be a target for Cho and MJ. I rather go after Ariza than Parsons.

MJ wants a BIG name FA. The least he'd settle for will be Gordon Hayward.

Hayward would be the ideal guy imo to swing from the 2-3 which MKG still starts at SF. PJ comes off the bench and Hayward on the floor to space it would be devastating.

Hayward, Parsons and Lance Stephenson are all young guys that should be good long term...minus the Lance locker room meltdown factor.

Hayward and Lance being 1a-1b(skill wise) and Parsons being 3©...however with Houston being so shortsighted about getting Melo..id be okay taking advantage of getting a quality 3 like Parsons.

Archived