• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gordon Hayward to visit Hornets next week.

PantherBrew

Ha

East is terrible. Outside of Miami, assuming they stay together, we would be as competitive as anyone else. If Indiana loses Lance, they will be worse. We were competitive with Chicago last year without Vonleh, Hairston, and Hayward. Who else is there? Brooklyn? Toronto? I like our chances.

If Rose is healthy and I emphasize IF then the Bulls will be way better. The Pacers will still be good with or without Lance. At this point I don't see us getting any quality FA's. I'm also not expecting significant contributions from our rookies other than minutes played THIS season. With that said and as weak as the East is, Charlotte could still be a top 3 seed lol. Hopefully I'll be eating crow about the Free Agency.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Ha

It's not out of the question. We have a center, point, strong D...we just need some wing scoring and a stronger bench. He said IF our young guys develop. If that happens and we get some wing scoring, there's a chance to be really good. Heck Miami was only about 10 games better than us last year. 

Yea the East will suck again next year. Melo will likely go back to New York, It's unlikely Miami's big 3 stay together, Indiana will be good but we've been able to beat them in the past. Chicago might be the best team if Rose is healthy. However, if they end up shedding salary to get Melo (and fail to get him) they'll be worse. I think Washington and Toronto will be good next year also.

Basically the contenders for the East will consist of a bunch of teams that'd be 5-8 seeds in the West. We will be one of those contenders if we get Hayward.

Would rather have Lance. However I just can't wait to see what teams look like this coming season. I think the big 3 are gonna break up. LeBron goes back home to Cleveland and they will be good for years with that young talent. I think Bosh goes home to Houston, but Toronto could be an option, but most likely Houston. Wade is the interesting one. Does he finish his career with the Heat or does he bail too? If Carmelo signs somewhere other than the Bulls, then maybe Wade goes home to Chicago.

Yea the East will suck again next year. Melo will likely go back to New York, It's unlikely Miami's big 3 stay together, Indiana will be good but we've been able to beat them in the past. Chicago might be the best team if Rose is healthy. However, if they end up shedding salary to get Melo (and fail to get him) they'll be worse. I think Washington and Toronto will be good next year also.

Basically the contenders for the East will consist of a bunch of teams that'd be 5-8 seeds in the West. We will be one of those contenders if we get Hayward.

Exactly. I never said we'd be the Spurs or anything, and of course playoff matchups are always huge, but with Hayward and our current, improving team...I think we'd be just as competitive as anyone. Very few teams have anyone to deal with Big Al, and the additions of Hayward, Vonleh, and Hairston, in theory, should help us spread the floor and free up Al even more. If MKG can find a competent offensive game, we've got a helluva shot to make the ECF, IMO.

You guys are drinking the kool aid. The hornets have exactly one starting player that shouldn't be considered for an upgrade. The rest of the roster is very suspect.

Miami is going to end up with some group of players.

Indy will still be strong.

NJ will be competitive.

Toronto again?

Bulls will be tough.

Washington with their legit young PG should be solid.

Same for Cleveland.

You guys are drinking the kool aid. The hornets have exactly one starting player that shouldn't be considered for an upgrade. The rest of the roster is very suspect.

NJ will be competitive.

Toronto again?

Bulls will be tough.

Same for Cleveland.

Maybe you're just a pessimist.

We were better than Toronto, Washington and the Bulls last year. The Nets might lose Pierce and Garnett is aging by the minute. Cleveland might be improved if Wiggins can perform like Cam Newton in his rookie year.

I'm not saying we are contending with Miami or Indy for best in the East, I just think we can position ourselves to have a chance to make some waves next year (depending on our FAs)

NJ will be competitive.

Toronto again?

Bulls will be tough.

Same for Cleveland.

Miami might end up with the same group, but Wade isn't getting any younger and who knows what those salaries are going to look like. Will they be able to build a bench?

Indy will still be strong but the loss of Stephenson will hurt their offense which was already anemic last season. They're capped out and if Hibbert doesn't figure things out, they're in trouble.

Brooklyn has vets but they are very old. At least they have Hollins now.

Toronto is a lot like us. I think they will be fine, but we were undefeated against them last season.

I'll give you the Bulls. Rose/Melo or not, they will always be in the hunt.

Washington is very good but they should have been a 50 win squad last season. Bennett is holding them back.

We've been hearing about Cleveland getting back into the playoffs for years now and it hasn't happened. Not giving them the benefit of the doubt this time. Replace them with Atlanta, who will be very good with Horford back.

Methinks you are being a tad pessimistic. If not for matching up against the one team in the East we can't matchup with, the Heat, we might have made it to the 2nd round. With the improvements on the roster and development of a roster that most don't realize is so young, why not us?

Archived