• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sporting News Report: Stephenson battle down to Hornets, Pacers, and Mavs

teeray

Just got this message from a buddy, figured I'd pass it along:

"Play-by-play guy Steve Martin was on Charlotte radio this morning. Said he'd be surprised if they sign Lance, which is basically what Bonnell has been saying. Steve said that he knows they've shown "formal interest" and had some discussions, but he's not sure how serious they actually were. He said his personal opinion was that they are more likely aiming to be the third team in a 3-team trade, but didn't go into specifics."

The Pacers reportedly offered Stephenson five-years and $44 million early in free agency but the dynamic swingman refused to sign on the dotted line. With restricted free agent forwards Chandler Parsons and Gordon Hayward each receiving contracts that will pay over $15 million per year Stephenson was wise to turn down Indiana’s initial overture. However, the Pacers’ offer is now even less than what they offered originally.

To make matters worse for Stephenson, the number of teams with the cap space needed to offer him the contract he desires is dwindling by the minute. Reports indicate Charlotte and Dallas had interest, but Charlotte signed Marvin Williams after missing on Hayward. Dallas’ space has since been used on Chandler Parsons.

The Pacers have title expectations and with LeBron James leaving the Miami HEAT, the importance of Stephenson in the rotation becomes even more crucial.

Stephenson is a borderline All-Star caliber player but potentially has hurt his market value due to some questionable on court tactics. However, one thing Stephenson without question is compete 100 percent every night.

Read more at http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-solid-free-agents-remain-unsigned/#AERS28ht3c1VVz8g.99

Just got this message from a buddy, figured I'd pass it along:

"Play-by-play guy Steve Martin was on Charlotte radio this morning. Said he'd be surprised if they sign Lance, which is basically what Bonnell has been saying. Steve said that he knows they've shown "formal interest" and had some discussions, but he's not sure how serious they actually were. He said his personal opinion was that they are more likely aiming to be the third team in a 3-team trade, but didn't go into specifics."

Love to Cleveland

Waiters to Charlotte

Hendo, Bennett, Thompson, three 1st round picks to Minnesota (2 from Cleveland, 1 from Charlotte)

i dunno.. all i know is we would have Lance by now if all it was about the money.. we can outbid the Pacers no problem.

Love to Cleveland

Waiters to Charlotte

Hendo, Bennett, Thompson, three 1st round picks to Minnesota (2 from Cleveland, 1 from Charlotte)

i dunno.. all i know is we would have Lance by now if all it was about the money.. we can outbid the Pacers no problem.

The wolves would tell both teams to fug off.

It is amazing how all of these beat writers don't need a single source and all of the articles are just a pile of s***. 

Did anyone see this one? One second it says, Pacers are fighting with Hornets for Lance. You think it's legit. Followed by, No formal deal has been reported. So, why did we write this?

It's like everybody is rushing to be the FIRST to report something, that if they open their mouths and it somehow comes true, they can somehow take credit for it.

Archived