• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scoreboard

doghead28

I know that everyone would LOVE to see the full screen as replays and stats.  However, we need to remember that we are a small market team and as such need to be creative in the ways that the team generates revenue.

The ad money is critical to the continued viability of this franchise.

Not what we would like to see on Sunday, but actually is quite easy to understand.

Geez lots of negativity towards all that money and time put towards the upgrades. I thought it looked pretty damn good.

The quality is crisp and clear ....and yes. The sponsors have to get their exposure

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

post-5728-14065494289_thumb.jpg

The picture is much clearer than before and even with the ridiculous amount of space wasted on advertisements it still is a great improvement over the old. If the boards are going to have that much space for advertisement then that money should be used to pay for it instead of tax payer money. The lower ribbon board was pretty much nothing but advertisements as well.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Public money was not used on the boards, it was used on the escalators.

Sent from my SM-N900V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Any opinions on the new sound system?

I was there for the soccer game Saturday night.  Section 514 Row 3.

I couldn't understand a thing the announcer said.  Mainly because it wasn't loud enough.

And damn all those Miller Light and CPI ads.

I don't really agree with the criticism. I'm having trouble with putting why into words so I used my high level MS Paint skills to  try to show you.

This is a artist interpretation of what it looks like currently, with ads:

post-13802-0-26735100-1407188028_thumb.p

These are the only two alternatives I could think of and neither of them seem that great.

post-13802-0-11011300-1407188025_thumb.p

post-13802-0-96650600-1407188026_thumb.p

*The green and blue are like a continuation of the video in both directions.*

*Again, high-level MS Paint skills*

The first one is stretched out and blurry which is not really the point of having a big screen.

The second one is the best of the two options but ultimately is the extra space all that important? In a still picture I can see it being cool but i don't think you would have enough time to really appreciate it when the screens are being used for their main function, replay.

Ultimately a screen that ridiculously wide would look weird fullscreen, there is a reason your TV isn't 5ft by 1ft.

IDK. I'm just not that worked up about it and I wanted to explain why so maybe some people would put their pitchforks down.

...or I'm just an idiot and I should be really pissed, who can say. 

Archived