• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should King be with first string?

Pantherman

Wow!! Really!! 4th preseason would be to late. Because Cam and the starters would be resting. It's best to give him reps with the 1st string while Cam is playing and see if him and Cam can get it done. If so then just think what King and KB could do to defenses this season. I think King will see reps with 2nd string this coming week and in next week game. If he impress the coaches there. Let him play 1st string in 3rd game when Cam and starters play 3 quarters. I got a feeling King is going to be good this year. Just a feeling. :)

It was a joke. Basically a way of saying "No he shouldn't be with the first string."

That's what the next 3 preseason games are for: prove it.

Well I know that. But if Ron would let King play as the 2nd WR next week with the first string. Just to see how he does against a top D. That's where he needs to prove he has it to make this team. Doing it on a 3rd or 4th string ain't going help his case to make the 53 man roster.

I hate that Lucas botched the end--his first catch was great.

King has definitely helped himself.  I think the WRs will be so much better this year.

Here is my WR depth chart:

Benji

Cotchery

Avant

King

Bersin

Lucas

Cut-McNutt, Pilares, Underwood

Good list MHS831.  Gettleman is building for the future.  Cotchery may retire and with Benji, King, Bersin, and Lucas, we will have a sold

WR group for several years.  If King plays with the 1st string and looks good, he may get several plays this year come game time.  who said losing all of our WRS this year was a bad thing ?

Some of us fans always overreact to preseason games. He will earn his stripes in practice, not preseason games. And I am not sure he has done enough at practice to play with the ones.

He has done enough to make the roster though IMO

I too think King will end up as our main "speed" receiver.  He's had glowing camp reviews while Underwood is proving why he hasn't been able to find a home in the NFL.

I think everyone is beginning to see why we completely dumped our WR corps and didn't bring in a big name FA.  Coaches and Gettleman were seeing young, hungry guys in practice that they believed could play in the NFL.

Keep in mind that quite a bit of these young guys' reps haven't been with Cam.  They are only going to do more when that man takes the helm.

Archived