• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

what exactly has to happen for holding to be called?

beasonfanclub

Honestly - defensive guys are just going to have to learn to play through that - you know what I mean. Our offensive guys have been known to do it as well, esp when facing a huge threat. For an offensive lineman, it's a matter of risk vs benefit - they typically don't get the call, so it's to their benefit to risk 10 yards every now and then to keep their QB safe.

"Pass blocking: Hand(s) thrust forward that slip outside the body of the defender will be legal if blocker immediately worked to bring them back inside. Hand(s) or arm(s) that encircle a defender—i.e., hook an opponent—are to be considered illegal and officials are to call a foul for holding."

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/useofhands

You would think refs would catch this more on Julius, I've been mad about it all year.

hell yeh its such BS... everybody said that clady or whatever his name is was so good, but by what i saw he is just good at getting away with holding. if i was pep i would kicked him in the testicles. that pissed me off so bad. its been like that all year.:mad:

It just seems like Peppers could do something to get freed up of a big slow footed OL. He rarely tries to start outside and cut inside of the OT or try to push the OT's arms away as they meet. I don't think I have ever seen Pep use a spin move. I wish Reggie White was around to show Pep how to do the "Hammer" technique.

I'm pretty sure that if Peppers was to get by the OT and sacked the QB and the OT was still holding one of Peps arms they might call holding. At least they would make the OT return the arm.

Archived