• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

does barner make the team?

I think he still could pan out but it doesnt seem like it. I think if stew stays off the IR then we keep Reaves, but if Stew goes to IR we keep Barner and Reaves. He is still developing and giving up on him after a very small body of work seems harsh. You would expect him to at least catch passes well out of the backfield. i think they are seeing what he can do if he gets some carries, they want to know what he is before they give up. If stew goes on IR he has a shot, otherwise i think they are looking for a slamdunk to open their eyes. if that doesnt come and stew is good to go, Barners gone. I think anyway. 

Just a thought...is there anything we could be doing to use him better? Or is he just garbage like he looks to be?

Sent from my iPhone

Zone reads, sweeps outside.....something other than lining up under center and running straight

You look for a good RB his size to have a tremendous burst, shiftiness, deceptive strength in a compact package, with a low center of gravity that doesn't hamper his speed. An uncanny ability to navigate through traffic and knife past giant outstretched arms, and make massive men look silly. Barner doesn't appear to have any of that poo. He's just looks terrible. He's the kind of RB who will bump into the fat ass of a lineman and hit the turf without really knowing what happened. It's a shame that RR had been pushing so hard for a scat back for the better part of 3 years and ended up with Barner.

You look for a good RB his size to have a tremendous burst, shiftiness, deceptive strength in a compact package, with a low center of gravity that doesn't hamper his speed. An uncanny ability to navigate through traffic and knife past giant outstretched arms, and make massive men look silly. Barner doesn't appear to have any of that poo. He's just looks terrible. He's the kind of RB who will bump into the fat ass of a lineman and hit the turf without really knowing what happened. It's a shame that RR had been pushing so hard for a scat back for the better part of 3 years and ended up with Barner.

True....but most RBs his size aren't used like we use him (most notably his few reps last season)

True....but most RBs his size aren't used like we use him (most notably his few reps last season)

If I were Barner then I'd be pretty depressed right about now.

"Ugh Coach could we run some screen plays?"

"No! We're terrible at executing those. Now go run into Star."

Archived