• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte's WSOC TV bumping Bristol race in favor of Redskins game, Panthers not happy about it

SCP

You guys crack me up.  Complaining how people should support the local team while bashing another sport all together that brings in a lot of revenue to the Charlotte area and calls Charlotte home. Jeez guys.

I'm more surprised that WSOC bumped the race to another channel instead of bumping the skins game.  No biggie for me, but thought they'd show a little love to NASCAR considering how many teams etc are in the area.  

For those who care here's the skinny.  Sorry if this is already posted but couldn't get through the first few pages of this thread.

Charlotte, N.C. - race telecast on WAXN TV64. Available on Time Warner channel 1230, Charter channel 703, Compas channel 16, Comporium channel 110. WSOC-TV will join race in progress after football game ends.

http://www.jayski.com/news/pages/story/_/page/NASCAR-ESPN-News

Don't blame them for satisfying a demand. Blame the locals who are the demand.

Sent from my SM-N900P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Or blame the panthers and Richardson for not making the panthers exist sooner so redskins fans wouldn't be so prevalent today because it was between them or the falcons.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

A local Charlotte TV station in the shadow of BofA Stadium has paid for the rights to televise the games of a team that competes with the Panthers for wins, merchandise sales, market share, and fans. That is why it gets under my craw.

--------------------------------------

Matt Ryan wears braided belts.

I understand that they are upset  and believe there is surely a real reason other than pride but I'm not  really seeing it. In the end other teams are broadcast in this area every single week of the season. The revenue is shared anyway and WSOC is not paying Washington instead of Carolina they are doing it in addition to. They couldn't televise more Panthers game than they currently do. 

I didn't think the clubs themselves saw the other franchises as rivals off of the field. They are all winning in this business and the better each team does financially the better they all do.

I realize I am missing something here but just not sure what.

I understand that they are upset and believe there is surely a real reason other than pride but I'm not really seeing it. In the end other teams are broadcast in this area every single week of the season. The revenue is shared anyway and WSOC is not paying Washington instead of Carolina they are doing it in addition to. They couldn't televise more Panthers game than they currently do.

I didn't think the clubs themselves saw the other franchises as rivals off of the field. They are all winning in this business and the better each team does financially the better they all do.

I realize I am missing something here but just not sure what.

Fug the Redskins, that's the best way I can phrase it

--------------------------------------

Matt Ryan wears braided belts.

Then what is the point if even bringing this up?

Sent from my iPhone

This is a Redskins media market. Local radio and TV talk about the skins. Their games are the primary focus on weekends here. This thread talks about how they are being played in Charlotte on WSOC like it doesn't happen in other markets. It does, clearly. Every year I see panthers preseason games in an area that is out of market for them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

This is a Redskins media market. Local radio and TV talk about the skins. Their games are the primary focus on weekends here. This thread talks about how they are being played in Charlotte on WSOC like it doesn't happen in other markets. It does, clearly. Every year I see panthers preseason games in an area that is out of market for them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

No....this thread is discussing how the Skins, a competitor of the Panthers, are being played in Charlotte.... The home of the Panthers. You live in VB where there is no team and is also part of the Panthers Television Network. They aren't even close to the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone

Archived