• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

avant - "we're getting open"

1.) Like Cam, Benjamin is a physical specimen. It wouldn't take long for a player of his caliber to make an impact over less athletic players (such as Avant).

2.) Cam and Benjamin have spent a ton of time together.

Sounds like next draft we need to be targeting a WR in the 1st 2 rounds

I just hope our 3rd down play calling last night wasn't indicative of what we'll see in the regular season.

Multiple 3rd and short, and long developing routes.

We have KB, Olsen, Williams, Dickson, Cotchery, and Avant. Call some quick routes.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

They passed on 3rd downs, and they pulled KB out on some of the 3rd downs.

Cam was practicing using his pocket, going through all of his progressions, and making the OL work for 3-5 seconds. We all know you need that ball out in under 3 seconds.

Receivers were open, but Cam went through all his progressions before making a decision.

Gave the coaches great game footage on the OL and receivers running routes for evaluation.

The quick routes and game planning was last week on offense.

I think part of it you need to consider is the lack of film prep and game planning. It's entirely possible Cam was unsure of the looks he was getting from the defense.

There was one pass in particular where he threw it just out of Avant's reach and Avant was "open". Did Cam expect him to break to the outside more? Or was Avant correct to turn his body for a back shoulder catch and Cam missed the throw?

I know it looked like Cam was under constant pressure but he probably could have pulled the trigger on some of those. Most of the pressure arrived right around that 4 second mark. The Patriots did a great job of blocking his running back dump offs. I'd like to think they could adjust that in the regular season.

They passed on 3rd downs, and they pulled KB out on some of the 3rd downs.

Cam was practicing using his pocket, going through all of his progressions, and making the OL work for 3-5 seconds. We all know you need that ball out in under 3 seconds.

Receivers were open, but Cam went through all his progressions before making a decision.

Gave the coaches great game footage on the OL and receivers running routes for evaluation.

The quick routes and game planning was last week on offense.

I realize this, but terrible long developing routes was part of our problem last year.

I just don't trust Shula, pretty much.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Sounds like next draft we need to be targeting a WR in the 1st 2 rounds

Some fans want an easy fix.

Do you think Green Bay, Denver, or New England could have a successful passing attack with the receivers and tight ends that we have on the roster?

I would say yes.

i take this more as a shot at the OLINE not the QB... however... Bersin is getting open and making plays so what does that say about the new vets?

Don't get me wrong, I like Bersin. But he was getting open playing the 2nd/3rd string. That said, I'd like to see him get a shot. Why not?

I think at this level failure or success is a combination of factors.

I put it more on players than coaching. Cam rookie year hit it off with Steve, one of the greats. Hit it off with Olsen, one of best receiving TE. And now by some accounts because KB is so freakishly athletic he's hit it off with him in no time and he's a rookie. Sounds like this organization need to look for a clear solid number 2 capable of being a 1 again. We need to anyway because look at today's NFL. You said put our roster on their team, what if we put San Fran receivers on our team?

Archived