• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

avant - "we're getting open"

“When you look at the film, we’re getting open.” - Jason Avant http://t.co/GkiehPZF2l #Panthers

August 23, 2014

from bbr...

“When you look at the film, we’re getting open. But at the same time, you’ve got to develop that trust in the game,” Avant said. “In practice, we have it, but you’ve got to constantly see a person open, and constantly see a person doing the right thing, and then make the decision and say, ‘He’s always in the spot, so I can trust him to throw it there.’”

I just hope our 3rd down play calling last night wasn't indicative of what we'll see in the regular season.

Multiple 3rd and short, and long developing routes.

We have KB, Olsen, Williams, Dickson, Cotchery, and Avant. Call some quick routes.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I just hope out 3rd down play calling last night wasn't indicative of what we'll see in the regular season.

Multiple 3rd and short, and long developing routes.

We have KB, Olsen, Williams, Dickson, Cotchery, and Avant. Call some quick routes.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

i'm convinced last night the point was to force throws down field no matter what in order to develop some type of chemistry with the receivers. not once did newton throw the ball away or use a check down.

Doesn't throw with anticipation

I saw him throw a number of throws with anticipation to Lafell last year.

Because of Lafell's shitty route-running, a couple of those "anticipated" throws were intercepted because Lafell wasn't there where he was supposed to be and the defense was.

He also threw a number of throws with "anticipation" to Ginn that hit Ginn right in the hands and were dropped.

THAT is Cam's experience thus far in the NFL throwing with "anticipation".

Archived