• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 1 Coaching reviews?

dos poptarts

Haven't seen much on the coaching from week 1.

Overall how did you think Ron created/managed the game plan?

I'd grade him a A-. But I did have some minor qualms:

• Settling for a FG at the end of the 1st half. 10 seconds is plenty of time to run 1 EZ play when you have a timeout in your pocket.
  • Didn't care for the coaches challenge. Thought the timeout was more important than the 5 yard completion by TB.

Except for the very last drive where we kicked a FG to go up 6, were there any Riverboat opportunities? Would he have gone for it if Cam were healthy? On TV it looked like 4th and 1, but the NFL gamebook has it as 4th and 2.

4-2-TB 15 (:28) (Field Goal formation) G.Gano 33 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-J.Jansen, Holder-B.Nortman.

Except the for gameday thread, I don't see anyone calling for Schula's head. I'll mark that as a win for Schula.

Hey guys, just because Rivera makes a conservative move it doesn't mean he isn't being Riverboat Ron, sometimes the conservative move is the risky and right choice.

Unless we're talking politics 

I don't have a problem with the end of game FG. Anderson isn't Cam.

End of first half had me worried that 2012 Ron was back.

I would give him an A for the simple fact we won the game while also giving Cam another week to heal.

That said,

Poor clock management is a pet peeve of mine, and I think we blew it by not calling a timeout after KB's catch in the redzone. I think there was about 30 seconds left, and we let the clock get down to about 14 seconds before spiking the ball.  Just seems like a no brainer to call your timeout there.

And that definitely was a bad challenge. 

Also I wasn't a fan of how we played defense in the second half, effectively allowing Tampa to get back into a game they had no business being in.  Better teams will make us pay for that.

I don't have a problem with the end of game FG. Anderson isn't Cam.

End of first half had me worried that 2012 Ron was back.

Close game with Anderson in.. I think it was safer to take 3 over a chance at 7. If cam was in the game its another story.

Archived