• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Guess who the number 2 CB in the league is (pff)

Fiz

How many balls did Rivers throw? 28 of 37. Those 3 completions are called quitting while you're ahead. This is football, someone is gonna catch a few passes. Shut down corner doesn't mean no one complete a pass. It means they attempt 34 of their 37 passes away from your side.

That was through the first half.  He was as Rivers said Exposed.

I didn't see Cason on the list but I guess playing against Calvin Johnson can do that to you.

I wonder what made our team interested in drafting Bene? He didn't play against top competition in college and his combine wasn't amazing but they were very high on him before the draft. Does anyone know what made him such a high priority for us to draft?

I know it's only been two games but he was also great in preseason and training camp, which makes me believe he is for real.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I didn't see Cason on the list but I guess playing against Calvin Johnson can do that to you.

I wonder what made our team interested in drafting Bene? He didn't play against top competition in college and his combine wasn't amazing but they were very high on him before the draft. Does anyone know what made him such a high priority for us to draft?

Good scouting.  Always trust what you see on film.

If a guy has good technique, ball skills, footwork, etc., that will translate regardless of the competition you are against.  Of course if you are completely physically overmatched then yeah it won't matter but Bene is a good football athlete.

Bene is great and all, but Melvin White is really underrated and underappreciated.  Other than that one game against Brady he's been very solid, and the dude is a legit starting CB that completely came out of fuging nowhere last year as a UDFA.  There became a rather noticeable difference in the secondary after he got the start against the Giants.  Seems like a really heads up smart and coachable player.

Hope he sticks around and Gettleman keeps finding more guys like him.

Archived