• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jason Bourne.

scpanther22

EXCLUSIVE: Jason Bourne is coming back. Universal Pictures has begun making deals with Matt Damon and director Paul Greengrass to reunite for their third film in The Bourne Identity series, sources tell me. This is an absolute stunner — and Universal would not comment nor would the reps — because Greengrass told Deadline as recently as last year that once Bourne regained his memory, there was no place else for the character to go creatively. His search formed the spine for the trilogy Damon starred in.

http://deadline.com/2014/09/matt-damon-returning-jason-bourne-movie-paul-greengrass-universal-834821/

Hopefully this time the rumor is true. I didn't think the Bourne legacy was bad but not as good as the first three.

I have to admit I've never quite gotten the appeal of the Bourne movies.  Maybe they're just not my thing.

What is it that fans love?

It was a great set of movies for fans of suspense and thrillers like me. I know that they seem more like action movies to a lot of people, but the story arc was very different from a typical action movie. Action movies are generally "get the bad guy" whereas Bourne was "who is the bad guy, and for that matter, who the hell is this main character/protagonist?" There was a lot of mystery, and that was appeal to me.

I hope they include Renner. Even though his movie wasn't the greatest I hate hate when franchises blatantly ignore a chapter of the series.

Tokyo Drift syndrome?

So Bourne fans, tell me, what's the basic story on Bourne?  What is he?  Who is he?  Why should I like these movies?

Don't worry about spoilers for me (though you might wanna tag them as such for others).  Spoilers don't necessarily deter me from seeing something.

http://deadline.com/2014/09/matt-damon-returning-jason-bourne-movie-paul-greengrass-universal-834821/

Hopefully this time the rumor is true. I didn't think the Bourne legacy was bad but not as good as the first three.

Sorry for being a little confused but didn't they already come out with 3 Bourne movies? The article says they're agreeing to the third film.

Identity, Supremacy and Ultimatum?

Sorry for being a little confused but didn't they already come out with 3 Bourne movies? The article says they're agreeing to the third film.

Identity, Supremacy and Ultimatum?

The third film with Paul Greengrass as director. The Bourne identity was directed by someone else. Damon has said he wouldn't return without hilm

Archived