• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shula will be gone after this year.

Snake

I really feel the writing is on the wall for him. Yes we are 4 games into a season and have the worst oline in the NFL but still OCs are expected to produce with weaknesses. Is there time to turn things around this year? Yes, but unfortunately I don't think Shula has the knowledge to do it. The reason we are struggling this year is the same reason we won and lost last year. This whole offence hinges on Cam Newton. If Cam is not perfect we lose and not only throwing but running as well. That's not a good formula if you ask me and its something I doubt will change. What this team needs(and every team for that matter) is a OC that can adjust and game plan well. They don't have to be elite just good at it. Little things like changing tempo, formations, getting the play in faster so adjustments can be made are just a few of them. This is what both the offense and defense needs to be good and its something we are not.

Also I'm going to point out at some point DG is going to take over and Shula and Rivera may be gone. DG will be evaluating the situation and best believe he will make the change if need be. Rivera nor Shula are DG picks, yes he is working with them but they don't represent him. What all this means to me is that Rivera better get this team running again or big changes will happen with or without him because they are not losing because of lack of tslent .

Also I'm going to point out at some point DG is going to take over and Shula and Rivera may be gone. DG will be evaluating the situation and best believe he will make the change if need be. Rivera nor Shula are DG picks, yes he is working with them but they don't represent him. What all this means to me is that Rivera better get this team running again or big changes will happen with or without him because they are not losing because of lack of tslent .

um Gettlemen extended Rivera.  Hes deffinately representing him

um Gettlemen extended Rivera.  Hes deffinately representing him

Dave Gettleman gave Rivera and Shula both an extension. I doubt Big Cat lets him fire either of them, he's not gonna want to pay multiple HCs or OCs.

Most OCs and Coaches get fired under contract. Not saying Rivera is gone this year but Shula could be and it want be about the money. Also if JR is worried more about money than winning well I suggest PSL owners question there investment.

Shula is average to below average in every single offensive category since his hire as OC. He should be fired. 

The argument that the offensive line is terrible so it's not Shula's fault isn't a good one. They are awful, but other teams have similarly bad offensive lines and yet they can put up points. Even in 2013 when the offensive line wasn't terrible, Shula still ran a below average offense. That argument is a crutch and it can't mask how inept Shula actually is as an OC.

The team has numerous issues, but IMO Shula is one of the biggest.

How about McDermott? His unit has been more of a disaster these last two weeks than the offense.

He's shown he can be amazing and it's not his play calling but more bad play by the team. Shula on the other hand has always been one dimensional and can't seem to change what he's doing if it's not working or change when the game isn't about clock management but putting up points like a shootout.

Said it last year before the playoffs, and I will continue to say it until I'm blue in the face.

In today's NFL you can't win, week in and week out, trying to score 17 and hold your opponents to 10.  It just won't work long term.

With the new rules, if you aren't averaging 23 points per game, you are going to lose, a lot.

We have 7 TD's in 4 games....that ain't gonna cut it.

doubt he will be gone but i hope he is . sucks we got to wait until next year , id give it one more week if he dont step up and stop being dirt conservative im gunna move him back down to qb coach and find a different offensive coordinator . we need to play to destroy the opposite team not to barely win , we have a great qb in cam and a monster in k.b throw him bombs all game 

Archived