• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's Ankle

SOJA

Those statements are incredibly spewed and misleading because Cam didn't play week 1. But I guess saying Cam is hurt & struggling makes for a better story than saying this is the best Cam has ever looked as a passer.

YPG:

2011- 253

2012- 242

2013- 211

2014- 243

Cmp %:

2011- 60%

2012- 58%

2013- 62%

2014- 64%

But what are the Yards per catch averages and pass vs run percentages?

I agree. This is also why I think DA should start the Bears game with Cam coming off the bench for the second half if needed. We seem to be in an all or nothing mentality with QB play. Every injury I have ever been associated with rehabbing involved gradual stress increases. The team is doing that by forbidding him from running and limiting the game plan. Another way would be to decrease the reps and exposure. Whats better a whole game of Cam being held back or half a game of Cam running the total package.

Cam is a better passer than DA. No need to hold him out.

Just have to play through it.

How is Cam learning to play in the pocket without running a bad thing?  His completion percentage is up, he hasn't thrown a pick...  Just like every year the Oline takes a while to catch up.  When it does we will be much better. 

I am more worried about the D at the moment to tbh.

His ankle isn't fine, his ribs aren't fine. Play Anderson till he is truly 100%. I don't wanna risk the next 10 seasons on just one.

His doctors said he needed to play on his ankle.  They also said that it was structurally fine, meaning it's fine to play on and no issues.  It's sore, and the doctors said it would be for about a year.  90%+ players in the league play sore, and it would be stupid to sit him for that.  

Broken ribs take,max, 6 weeks to heal.  By Sunday, it will have been 6 weeks and 2 days, and Cam plans on wearing the new flak jacket the rest of the season, because it feels comfortable, and provides protection the old one didn't.  

Time for people to quit thinking he needs to be babied...

How is Cam learning to play in the pocket without running a bad thing?  His completion percentage is up, he hasn't thrown a pick...  Just like every year the Oline takes a while to catch up.  When it does we will be much better. 

I am more worried about the D at the moment to tbh.

not sure if you are referring to my OP, but that isn't a bad thing. Getting constantly hit behind a poo o line is a horrible thing 

His doctors said he needed to play on his ankle.  They also said that it was structurally fine, meaning it's fine to play on and no issues.  It's sore, and the doctors said it would be for about a year.  90%+ players in the league play sore, and it would be stupid to sit him for that.  

Broken ribs take,max, 6 weeks to heal.  By Sunday, it will have been 6 weeks and 2 days, and Cam plans on wearing the new flak jacket the rest of the season, because it feels comfortable, and provides protection the old one didn't.  

Time for people to quit thinking he needs to be babied...

cam is gonna wear the jacket for the season cause them shits are gonna hurt for the season.  6 weeks my ass. his ribs will hurt for a good while.  

not sure if you are referring to my OP, but that isn't a bad thing. Getting constantly hit behind a poo o line is a horrible thing 

this

the folks that keep saying it's a good thing are ignoring the fact that the oline is incapable protect newton.  fug i'm more worried about him getting david carr syndrome behind that line than i am thinking he is going to learn anything more than he already knows.  that oline could be a confidence destroyer.  

His ankle is fine. I think it is more mental right now. When he hurt his ribs normally he would have planted on that left foot and cut outside.

He is still trying to trust it, but I think it is probably fine.

Exactly.  Unless they've cut on it again sometime within the past couple of months, the ankle *is* healed.

Its just getting through the stiffness and pain at this point and that's more of a mental issue than physical.

I agree. This is also why I think DA should start the Bears game with Cam coming off the bench for the second half if needed. We seem to be in an all or nothing mentality with QB play. Every injury I have ever been associated with rehabbing involved gradual stress increases. The team is doing that by forbidding him from running and limiting the game plan. Another way would be to decrease the reps and exposure. Whats better a whole game of Cam being held back or half a game of Cam running the total package.

"Resting" the ankle does nothing for it right now.  If anything would benefit from "rest", it would be his ribs.

His ankle is healed.  He will feel stiffness and it will be sore to use it, but its healed and using it won't further damage it.

NOT using it will just further delay the "getting through the stiffness and soreness" phase.  Rest it a week, guess what?  Next week it will STILL be stiff and sore.

I just had my elbow cut open in May.  Believe me, I know this.  When the doctor and the therapists say "cut it loose" you can cut it loose.  But when they say that they aren't saying "and it won't hurt a bit".  IT WILL.

cam is gonna wear the jacket for the season cause them shits are gonna hurt for the season. 6 weeks my ass. his ribs will hurt for a good while.

Thought I said 6 weeks to heal...

Being healed and being sore are not the same. Cam will be sore for a while. There's no reason to sit out for soreness. Most players are sore from something the whole season.

Archived