• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's Ankle

SOJA

I've said it before I'll say it again: this is the sneaky story line under the steaming pile of crap- steve smith, hardy, and injuries. 

We all overlooked this surgery, and apparently Cam did too. 

https://twitter.com/BlackBlueReview/status/517457899984257024

Zod's evidence is that he is running around pregame goofing off which is all fine and good, but is 100% less intense and less psychologically challenging than playing in an NFL game. It probably doesn't hurt to walk around on, but getting twisted to the ground by a 300 pound man will get the job done. 

I love Cam and will never question either his: toughness, love for the game, or commitment to winning. This post isn't about that.

Right now things might look bad, but we're all focusing on stuff that is going to (eventually) go away/get resolved. But if Cam does serious damage to his ankle - very possible with all the hits he is taking- things go from marginally bad to nuclear. Cam's health is paramount to this franchise's future.  

Throw in a fluke rib injury and I'm not surprised the coaching staff is hellbent on Cam staying in the pocket. The problem there is- our offense line isn't creating a pocket.

For all of you with their PhD we have:

healing ankle of the pillar of our franchise + possibly the worst Panther's offensive line ever = bad. 

Let's all hope this young offensive line improves exponentially as the season progresses. 

I've said it before I'll say it again: this is the sneaky story line under the steaming pile of crap- steve smith, hardy, and injuries.

We all overlooked this surgery, and apparently Cam did too.

https://twitter.com/BlackBlueReview/status/517457899984257024

Zod's evidence is that he is running around pregame goofing off which is all fine and good, but is 100% less intense and less psychologically challenging than playing in an NFL game. It probably doesn't hurt to walk around on, but getting twisted to the ground by a 300 pound man will get the job done.

I love Cam and will never question either his: toughness, love for the game, or commitment to winning. This post isn't about that.

Right now things might look bad, but we're all focusing on stuff that is going to (eventually) go away/get resolved. But if Cam does serious damage to his ankle - very possible with all the hits he is taking- things go from marginally bad to nuclear. Cam's health is paramount to this franchise's future.

Throw in a fluke rib injury and I'm not surprised the coaching staff is hellbent on Cam staying in the pocket. The problem there is- our offense line isn't creating a pocket.

For all of you with their PhD we have:

healing ankle of the pillar of our franchise + possibly the worst Panther's offensive line ever = bad.

Let's all hope this young offensive line improves exponentially as the season progresses.

Let's just have faith that the Oline gets better and Cam ankle gets better as the season progresses.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

His ankle is fine. I think it is more mental right now. When he hurt his ribs normally he would have planted on that left foot and cut outside.

He is still trying to trust it, but I think it is probably fine.

I think it still hurts when it gets tweaked on a tackle in a pile. Seen him come up with a slight limp a few times.

It was either the 1st or 3rd quarter when Cam ran along the sideline for 6-8 yards against Baltimore. You could tell while watching the replay he was favoring his better ankle.

Warm ups would be fine because his ankle stays loose since he's constantly moving. Once the game starts, and he's on the sideline for a bit I bet it stiffens up on him a little.

I've noticed him limping after coming up from hits too. You can tell he is trying really hard to hide it, both on the field and off. 

Cam's a savvy competitor- he's even kneeling at every huddle to not tip the defense off to when he is tired. I think this ankle is bothering him a lot more than he is letting on. 

He's played hurt for years. His ankle is strong & fully healed now. The man has broken ribs. I don't think you guys realize how painful rib injuries are.

Keeping him in the pocket to protect his ribs is stupid. He's taking numerous nasty blows sitting in the pocket. He's taken maybe 2-3 hard hits running the ball his whole career.

Let him run. Being tentative & playing scared is how you get hurt.

Archived