• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If there is one thing i can say about Cam now with no second thought..

CPF4LIFE

To the OP

This is why, you can't compare a Russell Wilson to a Cam Newton (not saying you did, of course; but a recent discussion here). Sorry, and I like Russell.

Newton, basically took over the rushing and passing roles for the Panthers, and was successful.

Let's see Wilson, with his little ass self, run for short and intermediate yardage, almost at will the way Newton did today with no other RB? The man's a beast.

He was a man amongst boys, and literally took the game over, but only has Kissing His Sister to show for it.

Oh well.

And please, let's not be fooled in the future, if the Panther offense keeps accumulating rushing yards--from this point forward; it's all about/from Cam, and not from the crappy RB's.

He rushed for over 100 today, which will add to the team totals, but it had nothing to do with the RB's, except for Fozzy earlier in the game.

Cam will more than likely be our leading rusher from here on out. I keep thinking about that Cam contract thread. Not only is he elite in the pocket, but he's our best rusher. He's really our only rushing threat. That alone is why he doesn't deserve a contract like Kaep's or Daltons. He deserves to get paid.

Is that he has clearly become the BEST player on this team. He has always been the most IMPORTANT player which is the norm for a QB but before today i think it was good argument on either him or Luke. NOT ANYMORE, Cam is the most important player on this team and THE Best player over Luke now. No matter how many times Rivera tries to take the game out his hands to prove his philosophy it doesnt change the fact it should be in Cams hands from now on when its crunch time.

Of course this has been going on for a while now, but i think a lot more people saw today during this game how this staff holds Cam back and not the other way around. Rivera exposed himself again today, he cant hide behind an incredible defense no more, if we are gonna continue to win games it needs be threw Cam making plays and not hoping the defense seals the game for us. It will be interesting to see if Rivera sticks by his ego or lets Cam become the guy to carry this team from here on out.

Winning shootouts is not apart of Riveras philosophy, teams are not supposed to be scoring anywhere near 37 points on us and when that has happened he has shown his flaws as a head coach.  Of course i dont want this to continue and still hope the defense gets their poo together but i think its obvious when they are off Cam needs to be the one to win the game for us. I thought Rivera would have understood this by now, i guess not.

I hate to say it but u just opened my eyes to sometime I have been wondering about for the past few seasons. It's no wonder this team lost so many games in 2011 and 2012, when the team's defense was really struggling. Clearly, the team had it's best season since 2008 in 2013 and that's because the Defense lived up to Rivera's expectations.

Unfortunately, that isn't always the case with this team. especially in the past four or five games. Cam doesn't have the weapons to win games when the defense is struggling and he isn't as seasoned as say Peyton or Brady, to make the necessary adjustments on his own, especially when the coaches are holding him back.

Archived