• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So...thoughts?

janderson20vt

I agree to a point that Cam has been off but how can you truly pin everything on him. He has no support from the run game. Technically he is the run game. IMO, put any QB behind this o line with this OC and I am sure the nightmare would be worst. Cam is trying to make something out of nothing. He has no time in the pocket because of these long developing plays. You would think a coach would notice that our o line is not all that good and maybe design quicker plays or maybe run more screens. Deon even pointed out the wrs not getting open and also the o line not helping. Cam does have does "what the heck" throws here and there but I think he is truly pressing. Cam has proven that his passing game can be up there with the best. I respect your opinion but I have to disagree with you.

Look at his OL. If literally every time you have the ball snapped you have to be paranoid about your LT, LG, RG, RT getting blown up off the snap.....it impacts a QB and his ability to make reads and throws. His focus simply naturally has to focus on too many other factors

Y'all make some very good points. I understand that you can't blame it all on Cam and I'm not. I wouldn't be so naive to do that. I know Shula is the worst OC ever and I know his O-line is trash. But at some point, you have to look at the QB. It's not like this is his first time making all these mistakes He has had the same problems throughout his whole career. That was a big question mark coming out of college was if he was going to be able to read defenses, be accurate, be a leader, etc. I'm just content that this will always be Cam. A QB who will have some really good games, but overall will be errant with his throws and too inconsistent to win games week in and week out. Just my opinion.

I'm not a contract guru like some of y'all but why do I keep seeing this? Cam has no leverage as we can exercise his option on rookie contract, and then franchise him as well correct? I doubt cam wants to walk for one, but even if he did, he doesn't have that capability correct?

pretty much him saying he doesn't want to play here anymore.

we could franchise tag him but as others have alluded to you do not want to do that.

listen, i don't think its going to happen. We have a ton of good pieces here and we have a ton of TERRIBLE pieces here. We gotta keep growing as a team and a franchise. And it will start with getting Cam locked up and building around him.

Y'all make some very good points. I understand that you can't blame it all on Cam and I'm not. I wouldn't be so naive to do that. I know Shula is the worst OC ever and I know his O-line is trash. But at some point, you have to look at the QB. It's not like this is his first time making all these mistakes He has had the same problems throughout his whole career. That was a big question mark coming out of college was if he was going to be able to read defenses, be accurate, be a leader, etc. I'm just content that this will always be Cam. A QB who will have some really good games, but overall will be errant with his throws and too inconsistent to win games week in and week out. Just my opinion.

I see your points there as well. At one point in his career, you could have labeled Cam as a gunslinger where you would take the bad with the good. One game he could be on fire and the next the opposite. What bothers me is last year and the beginning of this year, Cam was being more efficient than he has ever been his whole career. These last few games have just be a hurricane. Is he trying to do too much to keep the chains moving? I will admit that last night I was like, "what in the heck are you doing Cam?" One thing I do know is every QB has their rough patches and I think he still has a high ceiling. He will get better and more precise I believe. At this point, I really have no clue what to thing of this team. They have no offense and our playcalling has become so comical

Cam's QB rating places him directly in between Ryan Fitzpatrick and Kirk Cousins when comparing him to other NFL QB's. Last season he finished 16th in QB rating. Austin Davis is outperforming Cam Newton as an UDFA who was working a 9-5 job, while everyone else was in camp, throwing to Kenny Britt and Tavon Austin. No more excuses, Cam will just never be a great QB. Call me a Cam hater all you want, it won't change the facts. There is a reason Steve said that playing with Flacco was "resfreshing", and why he also said Cam choked in the redzone, and why Greg Olsen is now starting to get irritated with him.

There are plenty of facts. Others have stated "facts" that counter yours. However, in my opinion, many of those QBs would be doing even worse behind this Offensive line than Cam has.

I see your points there as well. At one point in his career, you could have labeled Cam as a gunslinger where you would take the bad with the good. One game he could be on fire and the next the opposite. What bothers me is last year and the beginning of this year, Cam was being more efficient than he has ever been his whole career. These last few games have just be a hurricane. Is he trying to do too much to keep the chains moving? I will admit that last night I was like, "what in the heck are you doing Cam?" One thing I do know is every QB has their rough patches and I think he still has a high ceiling. He will get better and more precise I believe. At this point, I really have no clue what to thing of this team. They have no offense and our playcalling has become so comical

It's just all bad man. However, even though I am bashing Cam pretty hard, I do think if we hired a good offensive mind as OC, that Cam would look a whole lot better. Not to mention a competent O-line. That better be our MAIN priority going into free agency and the draft. There are no excuses if Gettleman doesn't even try to get some O-linemen next offseason.

I'm not a contract guru like some of y'all but why do I keep seeing this? Cam has no leverage as we can exercise his option on rookie contract, and then franchise him as well correct? I doubt cam wants to walk for one, but even if he did, he doesn't have that capability correct?

I'm not saying this is true of you, but I always find it interesting when so many people are adamant about Cam not being the guy and there's equal passion about the fact that he can't just walk away because the Panthers can exercise options and franchise him to keep him here.

So many people are fine with Cam basically being the "property" of the Panthers, but when it comes to the QB position as the face of the organization or the highest paid guy on the team, they've never wanted Cam Newton to be that guy.

Hmmm...psychologically and sociologically interesting. Fascinating.

I'm going to start looking to see which posters fall into both of those camps, because there you will find the true racists on this board.

I'm watching you all... :mad:

Cam's QB rating places him directly in between Ryan Fitzpatrick and Kirk Cousins when comparing him to other NFL QB's. Last season he finished 16th in QB rating. Austin Davis is outperforming Cam Newton as an UDFA who was working a 9-5 job, while everyone else was in camp, throwing to Kenny Britt and Tavon Austin. No more excuses, Cam will just never be a great QB. Call me a Cam hater all you want, it won't change the facts. There is a reason Steve said that playing with Flacco was "resfreshing", and why he also said Cam choked in the redzone, and why Greg Olsen is now starting to get irritated with him.

I'll tell you who you are. A guy who doesn't deserve a talent like Cam on your team. Is he flawed? Sure. So is every QB in one way or another. Manning is a statue who chokes in the spotlights, Favre threw a lot of INT's, Brady is a dick...all flaws. But Cam can fix that crap he displayed last night. And he would, with help from a competent OL, a few good WR's, and a coach or two who aren't dumb. Cam deserves to be given these things, then judge him accordingly. We all have flaws, dude. Mine is being self-important, honestly. You have the same flaw as Brady, IMO.

I'll tell you who you are. A guy who doesn't deserve a talent like Cam on your team. Is he flawed? Sure. So is every QB in one way or another. Manning is a statue who chokes in the spotlights, Favre threw a lot of INT's, Brady is a dick...all flaws. But Cam can fix that crap he displayed last night. And he would, with help from a competent OL, a few good WR's, and a coach or two who aren't dumb. Cam deserves to be given these things, then judge him accordingly. We all have flaws, dude. Mine is being self-important, honestly. You have the same flaw as Brady, IMO.

Now if only i had Brady's talent, I would be set.

I'm not saying this is true of you, but I always find it interesting when so many people are adamant about Cam not being the guy and there's equal passion about the fact that he can't just walk away because the Panthers can exercise options and franchise him to keep him here.

So many people are fine with Cam basically being the "property" of the Panthers, but when it comes to the QB position as the face of the organization or the highest paid guy on the team, they've never wanted Cam Newton to be that guy.

Hmmm...psychologically and sociologically interesting. Fascinating.

I'm going to start looking to see which posters fall into both of those camps, because there you will find the true racists on this board.

I'm watching you all... :mad:

Lol ya I'm definitely not that guy, just don't understand the talk of him leaving as it's virtually impossible. I hope he gets his money, and I hope we give him a line eventually. But there's no way he leaves. Franchise type players and specifically qbs don't just get up and go.

Yeah cam sucks because a lot of you say he does. Let's release him and trade to bring Clausen back, get jake to come out of retirement or simply look for a Dalton, flacco, Wilson or kapaernick type in the next draft. That will solve all our problems. Close thread.

Look at his OL. If literally every time you have the ball snapped you have to be paranoid about your LT, LG, RG, RT getting blown up off the snap.....it impacts a QB and his ability to make reads and throws. His focus simply naturally has to focus on too many other factors

I wouldn't say "literally."    There were plenty of times where Cam had time to throw, and the Oline did a decent job run blocking.  Any QB is going to get hit multiple times a game.  Our Oline obviously isn't the best, but their "bad" performance last night is being blown way out of proportion.  His job as a qb is to block that out.  Cam needs to feel the pressure better, and he needs to learn how to throw the ball away instead  of out dropping his protection.  He doesn't seem to move as well as he has in previous seasons.  Cam's not without a good bit of fault in the offenses performance.

Archived