• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So...thoughts?

janderson20vt

i said in another thread,

i never thought i would say this. but if cam walked i wouldn't be surprised.

i knew the o-line was gonna be rough. but i didn't think about the full ramifications. I hope this remaining "easy" schedule builds his confidence back up. and i hope he stays with us.

i knew the o-line was gonna be rough. but i didn't think about the full ramifications. I hope this remaining "easy" schedule builds his confidence back up. and i hope he stays with us.

How much of our remaining schedule is actually easy, though? We just made the Saints' 28th ranked defense look like the 2000 Ravens, so let's look at what's to come:

Philly (primetime, at Philly, explosive offense, run a 34)

Atlanta x2 (division rival)

Vikings (after a bye... rivera doesn't win after a bye)

New Orleans again (this time in the Dome, lol)

The Browns (better than expected, will have Josh gordon, run a 34)

And the Bucs.

Cam's QB rating places him directly in between Ryan Fitzpatrick and Kirk Cousins when comparing him to other NFL QB's. Last season he finished 16th in QB rating. Austin Davis is outperforming Cam Newton as an UDFA who was working a 9-5 job, while everyone else was in camp, throwing to Kenny Britt and Tavon Austin. No more excuses, Cam will just never be a great QB. Call me a Cam hater all you want, it won't change the facts. There is a reason Steve said that playing with Flacco was "resfreshing", and why he also said Cam choked in the redzone, and why Greg Olsen is now starting to get irritated with him.

Cam's QB rating places him directly in between Ryan Fitzpatrick and Kirk Cousins when comparing him to other NFL QB's. Last season he finished 16th in QB rating. Austin Davis is outperforming Cam Newton as an UDFA who was working a 9-5 job while everyone else was in camp throwing to Kenny Britt and Tavon Austin. No more excuses, Cam will just never be a great QB. Call me a Cam hater all you want, it won't change the facts.

You're in denial, and its okay. A good portion of the huddle is too. Cam carries this team. How many endzone drops have we had this year?

You're in denial, and its okay. A good portion of the huddle is too. Cam carries this team. How many endzone drops have we had this year?

And how many errant throws has he made this year? You can't just blame some drops and not blame Cam for when he overthrows receivers time and time again. It goes both ways. It is you who is in denial. And Cam isn't carrying anybody. Carrying a team means you are actually winning. Having a 2-5-1 record is not carrying anybody. Defense isn't going to save his ass this year.

And how many errant throws has he made this year? You can't just blame some drops and not blame Cam for when he overthrows receivers time and time again. It goes both ways. It is you who is in denial. And Cam isn't carrying anybody. Carrying a team means you are actually winning. Having a 2-5-1 record is not carrying anybody. Defense isn't going to save his ass this year.

I agree to a point that Cam has been off but how can you truly pin everything on him. He has no support from the run game. Technically he is the run game. IMO, put any QB behind this o line with this OC and I am sure the nightmare would be worst. Cam is trying to make something out of nothing. He has no time in the pocket because of these long developing plays. You would think a coach would notice that our o line is not all that good and maybe design quicker plays or maybe run more screens. Deon even pointed out the wrs not getting open and also the o line not helping. Cam does have does "what the heck" throws here and there but I think he is truly pressing. Cam has proven that his passing game can be up there with the best. I respect your opinion but I have to disagree with you.

Look at his OL. If literally every time you have the ball snapped you have to be paranoid about your LT, LG, RG, RT getting blown up off the snap.....it impacts a QB and his ability to make reads and throws. His focus simply naturally has to focus on too many other factors

The problem with the romper room, errrr, the Huddle, is that everyone has picked their favorites and turns their ire on everyone else.

Cam fans hate everyone from ownership, to management, to coaching staffs to Olineman to WR's.  If that is not enough, they hate on the D.

Cam is not the only problem, the coaching is not the only problem, the OLine is not the only problem, the WR's are not the only problem, the defense is not the only problem, BUT, they are problems.  We have a lot of issues as a team.  Picking one as the only one is stupid, but typical here.

time to tune up a oldie for you bro.....

color-purple-hand-clap-o.gif

I'm not a contract guru like some of y'all but why do I keep seeing this? Cam has no leverage as we can exercise his option on rookie contract, and then franchise him as well correct? I doubt cam wants to walk for one, but even if he did, he doesn't have that capability correct?

Archived