• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobs could be sold in next 2 weeks

panthersphan

I just hope MJ is still involved in some way. We loose him we're likely to loose Brown.

maybe get MJ involved on the marketing side. God knows he sucks in operations.

The only smart move he has ever made was to hire Brown. Then, Brown had to go and clean up the roster disaster that MJ created.

please let it be.. i would love some baseball in carolina..

u think we could build a solid fanbase?

the only way that would happen is if they got an AL team to move in. It would be very hard to compete with the Braves in the NL. If a braves vs. Carolina happened in charlotte i can almost guarantee 75% of the stadium would be Braves fans

the only way that would happen is if they got an AL team to move in. It would be very hard to compete with the Braves in the NL. If a braves vs. Carolina happened in charlotte i can almost guarantee 75% of the stadium would be Braves fans

So perfect, move the Royals to the QUEEN City

Why wouldn't Jordan remain as part owner? I mean, Johnson originally owed 100% or something close to 100% (minus what Nelly and whoever else owned any stakes). BUT then Johnson sold off parts of the team and Jordan owns a percentage. He is part owner. I think he owns a little less than half, so it's still Johnson's team but Jordan has a lot riding on the club's success... financially. Still, Johnson can only sell his share which obviously is over 50% (I think it's actually 70%) and control, but wouldn't Jordan still own his share and still be PART owner? Or does the new majority owner have the right to kick out any other owners? I don't think so.

I know Jordan was interested in investing more in the team, when Johnson announced that he wanted to sell his share. I think if Jordan invested in an additional 20% (at least), he'd go over 50% to be the new majority owner. Still, he would need to find other investors to cover the remaining percentage, if even 30%, which he obviously can't.

I'm sure Jordan will remain on. I can't see any new owner taking over a team and seeing signs of successful after last year and tossing out a local legend and a hall of fame coach without giving it one more run.

My feelings are this. If the people in Charlotte are honestly saying they dislike Johnson, for among many things, his unwillingness to hang out at local games and become a part of the Charlotte community... they are in for a real treat with a majority owner from HOUSTON! haha Think Bob in D.C. was hard to reach, try this guy. He needs Jordan, from North Carolina, to become an even BIGGER presence and he desperately needs Jordan's image, now more than ever.

I personally don't think Bob is a bad owner. I hear people in Charlotte whine about how we don't have any superstars like Kobe and Shaq and LeBron playing on the club and that's why we don't sell out games. What people refuse to admit is that Charlotte is a SMALL market compared to New York & LA and even Cleveland. They don't have the funds to buy big time talent. In fact, Shinn was always a cheap b****. He gave LJ a huge sum and got rid of him ASAP because he couldn't afford it. Considering how little we sell out and how cheap our ticket prices are, Bob has throw money at guys like Wallace and Okafor and seen little appreciation from the city who once complained that Shinn never resigned our own talent.

I'm not saying Bob's perfect, he's made several mistakes, starting with how he sort of forced a downtown arena down the throats of taxpayers. BUT understand this, George Postolos oversaw a plan to cram a new arena down the throats of Houston taxpayers in 2006. When it failed, he left the Rockets. Fact is, love it or hate it, most owners want publicly funded arenas and they want their arena referendum passed and get built. Whether it's Bob Johnson or George Postolos or even George Shinn, that will NEVER EVER change.

My other issue with George Postolos is this. The guy isn't from here. He doesn't even have the cash to buy all of Johnson's 70% himself, which probably means more PART OWNERS from other parts not from Charlotte and more people whining. Fact is, a lot of people complain that Johnson won't shake enough hands around Charlotte, talk to enough CEOs, and get enough luxury boxes sold. What makes you think George Postolos from Houston is going to be any different? The city obviously needs somebody from here to get more involved - like a Bruton Smith. George Postolos who great success as the Rockets' CEO is a native Texan. Sort of proves my point.

Archived