• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The only QB with a higher QB rating than Derek Anderson is Aaron Rodgers

PanthersClinic

Even so, Anderson is probably a better qb than either of those guys, at least at this point. And our defense has been playing much better of late. Secondary play has improved dramatically.

Of course, its the NFL and anything can happen. But if Newton had to miss any games, the Tampa games are probably the ones to miss.

I still think stopping the Tampa pass game despite their QB will prove much more difficult than many now assume coming off the NO game.

Without David and McCoy there is literally no one in the TB front 7 worth a fug. I get you're trying to preach caution but c'mon this is the Bucs we're talking about.

And again, even with Hardy.....and them basically giving us the game....they would have beat us last time if that game was 5 min longer last time.

And McCoy is playing. He went back in.

I still think stopping the Tampa pass game despite their QB will prove much more difficult than many now assume coming off the NO game.

Guess we will find out Sunday.

My guess is that with no Godfrey and no Decoud we do a better job than we did last time.  Hopefully we will not give up the 5 plus yards a carry we did to them last time. 

Did everyone forget that Anderson almost blew that 1st game? He threw a pass on our end of the field right into a defender who simply didn't catch it. Anyways, go Panthers!

No different than Cam has done a half dozen times or any quarterback for that matter. He hit 70% of his passes and Olsen dropped an easy TD which could have put us up by 24. That kind of thing happens every week.

No different than Cam has done a half dozen times or any quarterback for that matter. He hit 70% of his passes and Olsen dropped an easy TD which could have put us up by 24. That kind of thing happens every week.

I don't really want to play the role of the negative guy, but I don't think that sort of screw up happens every week. We were playing with the lead against a team that was having great trouble moving the ball against us, and he threw a ball right at a defender on our side of the field. Protecting the ball is at a premium in that situation,and good quarterbacks rarely make that kind of mistake.

Did everyone forget that Anderson almost blew that 1st game? He threw a pass on our end of the field right into a defender who simply didn't catch it. Anyways, go Panthers!

You could say that our defense almost blew the game as well, by letting them score multiple TD's in the 4th quarter.  You could also say that TB blew it, with self inflicted penalties, and a fumble with a little over 2 mins to play.  Even though DA could have lost us the game, there were many other factors that could have as well.  We shouldn't have been in a position for that to potentially lose the game, considering what happened the prior 3 quarters.

Archived