• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should we be the North Carolina Panthers? Map says yes

GRWatcher

South Carolina fans like the falcons and Cowboys

Wrong. SC is chock full of retard Steelers fans. I'm not a native of SC, northern Va native, but there are plenty of nice places in SC. From an unbiased opinion there are just as many $hitholes in NC as there are in SC and I've been to every city in both. 

Sorry to be an ignoramous, but isn't it true that South Carolina is sort of when you hit that southern area of the States where college football is significantly more popular than pro football?

Someone somewhere told me that and I'd figure it to be backed by some truth as NC doesn't really have any prominent NCAA teams but SC has a handful.

Arizona also.

These threads need to stop being posted. These are tinderbox issues. The panthers are imbedded in the Carolina's like it or not. Sure NC feels more ownership since the stadium resides in their state but that doesn't make it more their team. Any owner current or future would be a moron to alienate current SC (and outside charlotte) Nc fans by calling it the charlotte panthers. If charlotte could have supported this team alone than it would have been named accordingly. If SC could have gotten a team without charlotte than same deal. We need/needed one another to maximize market (yes people the NFL is about $$$$$). Let's all just be happy with what we have and our sports peers who enjoy the same team. We are in the freaking playoffs and we are going to hate on our own? Sheesh people.

You do realize that the only reason that the thread was created is that poll results indicate that South Carolina (unlike North Carolina) sides with the entire rest of the nation in picking the Seahawks to win?  Many North Carolinians think that this faux pas on the part of South Carolinians deserves a little tongue-in-cheek criticism.  

You do realize that the only reason that the thread was created is that poll results indicate that South Carolina (unlike North Carolina) sides with the entire rest of the nation in picking the Seahawks to win?  Many North Carolinians think that this faux pas on the part of South Carolinians deserves a little tongue-in-cheek criticism.  

..and poking fun! How can anyone take an internet poll seriously??? :cold:

ECU's stadium would not of supported an NFL team in the inaugural season.  And I guess training camp is also held in NC too.  

Neither could Clemson's until Mr. Richardson put up the money for an upgrade. Still don't know why Gamecocks refused to let us use their stadium.

Neither could Clemson's until Mr. Richardson put up the money for an upgrade. Still don't know why Gamecocks refused to let us use their stadium.

ECU didn't even have end zone seats in 95.  It would have needed a massive expansion back then and would have taken years to complete.  

Archived