• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The mastermind play calling of Shula

Ruff

How about the fact that the fatass no hands Tolbert was the RB in on that 3rd and 11 that he dropped instead of Fozzy, or somebody that can catch.  That play killed any hope we had left. We were only down by 7 and that dropped ended our chances. Shula's personnel decisions are pathetic and the people backing him are just as pathetic. He has never been successful anywhere he has gone for a reason.

I will say this again, like I've said dozens of other times: Tolbert is a liability to our team. He can't do anything that a cheaper player couldn't do. He can't catch. He can't block. He can't really make big runs. Basically he's a handicapped version of Mike Alstott that, for some reason, fans love because he's a fat man who can dance.

The amount of important snaps Bersin got makes me wonder if Shula was throwing the game. 

Shula really seems like an OC who likes to think he is smart by being unconventional when he's really being stupid. I don't know how Bersin was the first read on Cam's second int. Shouldn't KB have been there? As a matter of fact, it was appalling how little KB was utilized in that game especially given the fact that he was the only one who got two touchdowns in that game. 

To be fair, Tolbert has always been a great pass catching back, a few drops this year notwithstanding. But yeah, fug shula right in the ass. -

He usually is, but this year he has been terrible catching out of the backfield. Considering the situation, I would have much rather had Fozzy in on that play (especially on 3rd and long) as he has shown that he is reliable catching and can make plays in the open field.

I will have to watchb the game again to spot stuff.

The pick 6 to me sealed it. At worse you kick a fg and you're down 11 with right at 6 mins left. Plenty of time.

If you noticed a lot of role players got either a td or lots of touches this wkd. It kinda makes sense but I think Shula does out smart himself at times.

ill never understand why he abandoned the run. stewart had 13 carries when he had carried us into the playoffs... he averaged over 5 yards a carry last night by the way

We were in some second and long situations via penalties or sacks. We should have found some more touches for him in the first half but there was several unfortunate down and distance situations.

The OP quotes a play where we went jumbo package, tried to throw to Bersin and gave up a sack. That would have been a good time to run the ball.

Archived