• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So tell me

Hawk

Because ...

- you have recently won a Superbowl and are going back again

- your coach seems to get 110% effort from all players, ours never have

- your game is fast and aggressive, our offense is not

- your coach takes calculated risk and it works, ours has a manual switch

- your owner has done a masterful job engaging the fans and promoting the brand, I love JR but not the same

jealousy shows its ugly head in many different ways.  IMO, we don't hate the hawks.  We covet what you have.  I hope you pound the Pats into submission.

I hate Russell Wilson and his fake persona.  I hate how he can be terrible and take no flack like Cam.  I also hate how he's loved because "he's so well spoken and such a good character person" by the media and well, we know a lot of the reasons.   I even like Sherman, and I respect the defense, I just hate the QB so I have to hate the team.

I hate Russell Wilson and his fake persona. I hate how he can be terrible and take no flack like Cam. I also hate how he's loved because "he's so well spoken and such a good character person" by the media and well, we know a lot of the reasons. I even like Sherman, and I respect the defense, I just hate the QB so I have to hate the team.

This, in the eyes of the media he literally can do no wrong, ever.

Everyone is talking about his heart to overcome the turnovers and the perseverance to still beat GB.

If that was Cam no way that'd be the narrative. The whole aura around him seems so artificial and nauseating.

I don't hate the Seahawks.  It's hard to because they've earned it.  They play great defense, they run the ball extremely well, and whatever folks want to call it, Wilson makes plays.  The coaching and culture in Seattle is great, and everyone can see the results.  It does suck that we play them so close and we can't get over the hump and beat them.

Someday very soon, I think the Panthers will overcome the Seahawks.  Right now, they made the plays to be better.  I hate losing to them because those games are so close.  That's about it.  Now if they were in the South....then I would absolutely hate them!

lots of good comments and I sincerely thank you for keeping it civil

biased of course, but I think the 12th man thing is one hell of a marketing idea on one hand...but for those of that have been fans for many of years, I think it's also a really cool thing that the team did for the fans etc.

I simply don't believe that extra noise gets pumped in...but I could be wrong I guess...but I've never seen or heard evidence of it happening.

I see it more like this...they hype up the noise so much on a regular basis that it almost becomes like a challenge every game to maintain that level or increase it...if that makes sense?  I also honestly think that the team and staff truly buy into the homefield advantage and the 12th man and I feel it's with sincerity when they give the fans their accolades.

I also think Wilson is the real deal.  Is he surrounded by all sorts of high power receivers...not at all.  Yes Lynch makes a huge difference and he benefits from the defense obviously, but he has this trust about him that at any given time, he's just going to take over and make things happen.  I also don't think he's fake...I think what you see is what you get.  I know many players are huge in their communities and Wilson falls into this too.  Every Tuesday for example he is at the Seattle Children's hospital...and it's not to make an appearance...he's there visiting and encouraging the kids etc...he's never made it feel like he's there for a check in the box or for himself etc.

Oh…I forgot… I hate the bandwagoneers in NC/SC who are "claiming to be Seahawks" fans because of Russell Wilson.  Choose a team, not a player.  I don't hate most teams (just the ones I mentioned previously), just the stupid bandwagon fans who jump on the latest "sexay" team or the dumb arse Iggles fans where I live who keep asking if I am changing allegiance cause I live in PA.  GTFO with that poo.  I am laughing cause they didn't make the playoffs…makes me giggle a lot lately.

You say that like the Panther fan base wouldn't be immediately cut down 1/3 if Cam Newton left for another team today. 

lots of good comments and I sincerely thank you for keeping it civil

biased of course, but I think the 12th man thing is one hell of a marketing idea on one hand...but for those of that have been fans for many of years, I think it's also a really cool thing that the team did for the fans etc.

I simply don't believe that extra noise gets pumped in...but I could be wrong I guess...but I've never seen or heard evidence of it happening.

I see it more like this...they hype up the noise so much on a regular basis that it almost becomes like a challenge every game to maintain that level or increase it...if that makes sense? I also honestly think that the team and staff truly buy into the homefield advantage and the 12th man and I feel it's with sincerity when they give the fans their accolades.

I also think Wilson is the real deal. Is he surrounded by all sorts of high power receivers...not at all. Yes Lynch makes a huge difference and he benefits from the defense obviously, but he has this trust about him that at any given time, he's just going to take over and make things happen. I also don't think he's fake...I think what you see is what you get. I know many players are huge in their communities and Wilson falls into this too. Every Tuesday for example he is at the Seattle Children's hospital...and it's not to make an appearance...he's there visiting and encouraging the kids etc...he's never made it feel like he's there for a check in the box or for himself etc.

You get civil comments because you're a respected poster here just with bad taste in teams.  :P 

If you were a fan of a team that just beat us and signed up for the forum after the game to ask this question, you would probably get some fug off replies.

honest question, and I know that's never a real good idea here on the huddle, but what the hell!

how is it possible for panther fans to hate the Seahawks and their fans?  (myself not included of course)

go

Richard Sherman. That is all. 

I don't really hate any teams or fans of any teams outside of the NFC South... Or if they are bandwagon/uninformed fans...

If you like a team and can't rattle off jersey numbers 1-99 and associate the names that go with the numbers, or give me any historical memories or statistics off the top of your head about your team, then you can't call yourself a fan.

I don't get the Seattle hater either. But I also don't get the Patriots hate, the Peppers hate, the Smitty hate, etc. etc. etc. because people just come up with dumb excuses to be bitter over something. All I care about, ultimately, is what the Panthers are doing. I'd rather save my bitterness and outrage for the bad moves I think they make because I don't care what other teams are doing.

I'm pulling for Seattle and have been since they beat us.

People want to rag on how Seattle players run their mouth, etc. (Sherman, the "no-name" WRs, Lynch, whoever) but it is okay when Panthers players do it? Last I checked, they are, at the very least, getting it done when it matters. That is all that is relevant.

As for the Patriots. I like what they do too. They take a team of average and old guys, put them with a good coaching staff and probably one of the greatest QBs of all time, and make a winning team out of them. The cheating stuff and all that is overblown as hell and they are good enough to win against anyone. Every year. Plus they get like two dozen draft picks every year and multiple first rounders every year, and still have money to spare.

I wouldn't say I "like" either team. But I like the things they do. The Panthers should take note in some departments. It should be a good game, and I'll be pulling for Seattle simply because they beat us. Although, I wouldn't care if the Patriots won it either, because I think Brady and Belichick have earned it too.

Archived