• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official* - Manny Pacquiao v. Floyd Mayweather - May 2, 2015

h0llywood

Just think, if Mayweather was subjected to the same conduct policies as the NFL, he would have been out of the fight game years ago...

Hasn't he beaten up more women than had fights in the last few years?

I think he's been convicted of assaulting a female more times than he's knocked out an opponent.

Here are the celebrity picks:

MAYWEATHER

Ryan Clark
Amari Cooper
Antonio Cromartie
Omar Epps
Flo Rida
Jamie Foxx
Dante Fowler Jr.
Brett Hundley
Johnny Gill
Shane Mosley
Ricky Hatton
Evander Holyfield
Amir Khan
Christian Laettner
Ludacris
Bill Maher
Juan Manuel Márquez
Sergio Martínez
Buddy McGirt
Shaquille O'Neal
Terrell Owens
Shane Ray
Chris Rock
Alex Rodriguez
Darius Rucker
Wale
Dana White
Kevin White
Darren Woodson

PACQUIAO

apl.de.ap
Nacho Beristain
Candace Cameron Bure
Miguel Cotto
Oscar De La Hoya
George Foreman
Roy Jones Jr.
Michael Rapaport
Ronda Rousey
Mike Tyson
Mark Wahlberg
Leonard Williams

ESPN Boxing Experts picks:

Teddy Atlas
ESPN/Friday Night Fights
Pacquiao by split decision

Rafe Bartholomew
Grantland.com
Pacquiao by decision

Brian Campbell
ESPN.com
Pacquiao by split decision

Nigel Collins
ESPN/Friday Night Fights
Pacquiao by decision

Carlos Narvaez
ESPNdeportes.com
Pacquiao by decision

Carlos Nava
ESPNdeportes.com
Mayweather by split decision

Bernardo Osuna
ESPN/Friday Night Fights
Mayweather by split decision

Bernardo Pilatti
ESPNdeportes.com
Pacquiao by decision

Dan Rafael
ESPN.com
Mayweather by decision

Eric Raskin
Grantland.com
Mayweather by decision

Salvador Rodriguez
ESPNdeportes.com
Mayweather by decision

Joe Tessitore
ESPN/Friday Night Fights
Majority draw

Man, I kept wondering where we were going to have a thread for this at? lol...  Then i found there already was one.

People can say what they want...  Honestly, boxing might be my 3rd favorite sport behind football and basketball.  I don't know all of the rankings and such, nor do I expect anyone except commentators who are paid to cover it, know it.  That's one of the problems with boxing, the utter confusion and disorganization of it all.

That being said, it is a beautiful and yet, violent sport.  I love it.  I watch as much as I can, anywhere I can.  ESPN2's FNF, HBO, Showtime, Foxsports' Goldenboy promotions, etc.  If I wasn't already 30, I would want to find a ring somewhere and get into it myself, lol.

Anyway, there are so many good fighters out there, the problem is the promotion of the sport and all he hands in the cookie jar, so to speak...  So many of them aren't known like they should be, like say, if it was the 80s, these guys would be superstars.  That's why I'm happy they started those Premier Boxing Nights on NBC, CBS, and other network channels with legit boxers in primetime.  The sport needs exposure like it used to get, and it would easily surpass MMA again.

All that being said, I have no idea who I want to win...  I like each guy for different reasons...  I like Floyd for his brashness, cockiness, being an asshole, and his unorthodox defensive-fighting style.  I like Manny for his humility, his faith, his heart, and his workrate in he ring...  He loves to put pressure on guys and just keeps coming.  So, it's a tough call...  I think it's one of those things where I won't really know until they get in the ring.  Part of me is hoping for Money to break that longest-undefeated streak, but then another part of me is hoping he gets beat and doesn't reach it and it makes him hungrier.  He's good for the sport...  As you can see from all of this surrounding hype.

I'll be watching at my cousin's house, as he is a diehard Money fan and has bought all of his PPVs for as long as I can remember. 

Also, was wondering if anyone watched the Jennings/Klitschko fight?  Jennings is amazing!  Only 6 years fighting and he won rounds against Klitschko...  I was hoping for a rematch, as I think Wilder already ruined his chances against him after agreeing to spar with him.  Also hyped for the upcoming Golovkin fight...  That dude is a beast, that we haven't seen the likes of since tyson in his prime, he is also hilarious -

"What did you see in there from your opponent Triple G?"

"Uhh, he was a good boy, but I like to bring major drama show.  I fight like Mexican.  But, he's a good boy."

"Thank you, Triple G."

Archived