• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

4 Things Greg Hardy Must Do to Remain a Panther

Jeremy Igo

There is no gray area in life, Jeremy.  No adjustments, no changes of direction as it changes.  For us to understand it, we must put everything into one box. 

Much like stating Hardy has burnt all his bridges with the organisation and doesn't deserve to return because he's a liability that will always be a nutjob that hangs around with crazy broads. 

Before the Ray Rice fiasco came out I thought Hardy had a somewhat decent chance to redeem himself. Obviously that changed.

I don't know if Greg is guilty or not, doesn't really matter if he is or isn't at this point.

I'm not saying you are literally "hating" on him like some others have mentioned here, but I'm just gonna tell you straight up because I like you and this place. You might want to ease up some. It's a bit hypocritical considering you personally rolled out the red carpet for him.

Ease up on what exactly. Posting an article Bill wrote? That offended you?

Much like stating Hardy has burnt all his bridges with the organization

I know its not good news or what you want to hear, but Hardy has burned all bridges within the front office. Even if found completely innocent, he won't be back next year. This is all I have heard consistently from within the org, and have no reason to think otherwise. Yep, the whole situation stinks.

We do?

As far as I can tell, the defense played lights out the last part of the year once the rookies got up to speed.

We don't need Hardy, and we certainly don't need his cap hit.

Yes we do. We will survive without him, but he can do things athletically that no one else on this roster can do.

Our defense can be good without him, but would be great with him

Yes we do. We will survive without him, but he can do things athletically that no one else on this roster can do.

Our defense can be good without him, but would be great with him

Could be great without him too....

Look at Seattle. You don't just build great defenses on crazy DE play

Three out of four maybe but he's not giving money back. Of course, the CBA probably doesn't allow it, so he could offer, knowing it can't happen. Best thing would be to make a large donation to charity, namely a domestic violence charity.

I can't in my mind put Greg Hardy in the same category as Rice & Peterson. Both pleaded guilty and were handed a very light sentence by the courts. Both are currently suspended. Hardy is willing to chance a jury trial to prove he's innocent. By law, he remains innocent until proven guilty no matter what happened in court before. Jerry Richardson seemed to forget that when he cried at the press conference, he did Hardy no favors. If Hardy is found innocent, there needs to be apologies from all sides. So much for point #2.

#1 needs to happen no matter what. I hope his agent and lawyers have drilled that into his head. Jurors do consider the defendant's demeanor.

Then there's the franchise tag and money. No, he won't give back the money he got while on the exempt list. I don't think the NFLPA would allow it. A good part of the wrangling over the CBA was about the tags and that money. It would set a very bad precedent if he did. However, donating to charity once it is all said & done, as mentioned above, is an excellent idea.

Goodell could still suspend him even if he is found innocent.

If he is not suspended, his playing for under a million is laughable. There are also rules for the agents to follow with contracts and I'm sure Rosenthal knows them all. A two year contract with a behavior clause would be good, I do hope he stays a Panther. 

If he is suspended, whether found innocent or guilty, this is all mute. He'll be back somewhere else. Besides NE or NO or Atlanta or Baltimore, there's Chicago or Minnesota or San Francisco or KC or Miami as landing spots too.

Archived