• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers "Ready to Spend" ~ Bert Jensen

SCP

What kind of WRs has Cam been working with? Look at any Elite QB and there will be good WRs and RBs all around him. Very few QBs can make bad WRs look good. The only one in the past decade I can think of was Drew Brees who is losing his touch and thats why the Saints are failing. Give Cam a burner to go along with KB and Philly and you will see how much of a difference it makes. People forget before Ginn left for AZ he was a nobody that was strictly a PR/KR guy. Cam made him look like a good WR and Ginn gave Cam a deep threat.

I agree, and Cobb will be better than Lafell, Avant, Legatron, and the dozen other turds we've trotted out as supposed "decent #2 or 3 options" outside of smitty and KB.  Cobb is a decent receiver, but he benefits greatly by being made a better receiver because of who's throwing him the ball.  Bree's is not the only QB who makes bad receivers look good.  Tom Brady has made a career of doing this.  Remember Deon Branch?  Yea, I might be the only one, but Brady made him a 1000 yard receiver.  Troy Brown?  Wes Welker?  Hell, Brady made Lafell relevant this year.  Then there's Peyton Manning.  Remember Brandon Stokely, an alum from my school...yea, he made him a 1000 yard receiver.  What about Greg Jennings, he fell off the map after he left Green Bay.  The ELITE Qb's regularly do this with subpar receivers, and rarely when big name receivers go to new teams do they match the high numbers they had before.  I just feel that Cobb with a human QB is about a 8-900 yard receiver, but he's gonna get paid like a clear cut #1 and I'm not sure if his market value will be close enough to his real value for Gettleman to pull the trigger.  Just because we're shopping at Target doesn't mean you should pay 10$ for a product that's only worth 5$.

Archived