• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Punishment

Sasquatch

Yes, meaningless. It's still just a game. The vast majority of players would've gladly switched places with Greg this past season.

Option A-

Risk your health and damage your body playing a dangerous sport, maintain a strict diet and workout regime, spend countless hours in meetings, and deal with media and reporters.

Option B-

Do whatever the hell you want all year and still get paid.

Every single game we played was meaningful this season. We slid in to the playoffs by like half a game. Did you not watch?

Nobody wants a teamate with the mentality you are proposing everybody wants. That sounds like a Jadeveonn Clowney mindset.

Every single game we played was meaningful this season. We slid in to the playoffs by like half a game. Did you not watch?

Nobody wants a teamate with the mentality you are proposing everybody wants. That sounds like a Jadeveonn Clowney mindset.

No game is meaningful, not even the Super Bowl. It's still just a damn game.

. More like peppers..... Gotta play a full year before we can say much about the clown lol

. More like peppers..... Gotta play a full year before we can say much about the clown lol

Peppers teammates and coaches, from CAR-CHI-GB, have been very outspoken over his career about how competitive and dedicated he is to the game and that he's a great leader.

It's a shame the ABCer mentality prevents the majority of this fanbase from appreciating #90. He's a top 5 Panther all-time.

Just because he's quiet and tends to shy away from the spotlight doesn't mean he doesn't care. Clay Matthews said Peppers was the leader of their defense this year and one of the most competitive guys he has ever played with.

Peppers teammates and coaches, from CAR-CHI-GB, have been very outspoken over his career about how competitive and dedicated he is to the game and that he's a great leader.

It's a shame the ABCer mentality prevents the majority of this fanbase from appreciating #90. He's a top 5 Panther all-time.

Just because he's quiet and tends to shy away from the spotlight doesn't mean he doesn't care. Clay Matthews said Peppers was the leader of their defense this year and one of the most competitive guys he has ever played with.

if it is not his work ethic, then explain to me why he had so many games where he was basically a non factor ? There were quite a few games where he made rookies look like all pros, when he wanted to be he was the best DE in the league, however he at many times just disappeared. How would you explain his insane inconsistency of play ? Pep had quite a few games where looking at his match ups you thought "Aw man Pep is gonna kill" but instead felt disappointed because nothing happened. I for one Loved Peppers as a panther however one thing he was not, was reliable I attribute it to lack of desire (it's certainly never been a question of physical ability nobody is a peppers level freak)

Hey Greg, you can't play our meaningless game that will wreck your body but here's a check for $13,149,255.

WHAT A PUNISHMENT

It doesn't seem like a punishment in our eyes, but it will still leave some scars. The NFL is super competitive, and people who take time away from it hardly ever come back the same. Look at Ricky Williams before and after 2004. 

Yes, meaningless. It's still just a game. The vast majority of players would've gladly switched places with Greg this past season.

Option A-

Risk your health and damage your body playing a dangerous sport, maintain a strict diet and workout regime, spend countless hours in meetings, and deal with media and reporters.

Option B-

Do whatever the hell you want all year and still get paid.

1) Keep in mind that Option B carries with it the stigma of being acquitted, under questionable circumstances, of a domestic violence charge. 

2) You can call it a meaningless game, but it's his job. I'd rather keep mine than be let go for doing something stupid and very public, even if I got to be on paid leave for 4 months before they canned me. 

I agree with everything, but the "top 5" part. The only one who can possibly be greater than Pep as a Panther is 89. Pep will be a Hofer. He is a lock. You can't say that about any other Panther that is playing at this point today, because they all have their Hall of Fame careers to still make.

Archived