• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

League files motion for Hardy's evidence

philit99

if Roger oversteps the US justice system in his desperate attempt to save face then for starters Im just going to laugh at the backlash he receives, and then secondly im going to demand he's fired.

How would Roger suspending him from football games be overstepping the U.S. Justice system?

They will find anything to tarnish Hardy for the good of the League. The NFL is trying to save face, and look ethical about all players involved in last seasons fiasco. This is about saving the NFL image, nothing more. I think the league owes about 12.2M dollars of Cap space to the Panthers, if no evidence is found against Hardy.

Absofuginglutely.

That's the thing though.  you don't have to love him or hate him.  People that are filtering it through that notion are completely missing the point.

I'm fine if he's brought back.  I'm also fine if he isn't.

If you're able to look at the situation objectively, there's way more evidence that he won't be back than there is that he will.  It's reality.  Scenarios people are posting like the league apologizing to Hardy or giving money back to the Panthers or the Panthers actually franchising Hardy again are just delusional.

Some on here don't seem to be able to accept that because they love Hardy the Panther, but they need to realize that after March "Hardy the Panther" may no longer exist.

Hardy is not going to give money back. That's nonsense. Nor will the team franchise him.

I don't have strong feelings either way as to whether or not he should be a Panther. 

My problem is with the league letting a player and our team bear the brunt of good ole Rodger's fug up. And I also see too many here that seem to want to fry the guy. All of us, and I do mean all, have made mistakes in our lives. Those mistakes should not necessarily define us forever.

There are those on this board that seem to take an inordinate amount of pleasure in the misfortunes of others. Not just as it relates to Hardy, but every NFL player that finds himself in trouble. I'm not a religious man, but my recollection is the bible says something about throwing the first stone.

Take it for what you will.

How would Roger suspending him from football games be overstepping the U.S. Justice system?

I'm speaking more to Roger deciding whose guilty and whose innocent rather than the justice system for no other reason to protect himself

and frankly the first day of the draft is like waiting for my birthday right now because the wave of hate that man is going to receive the instant his leather loafers graze the stage is going to be like a tidal wave of comedy. usually i start to feel bad for him after the 20th pick or so, but i dont think i will this year. Boo on, gents.

Hey you win some you lose some but you should probably stop acting like your words on a forum actually matter to the league

lol yes the League clearly has no concern for the general public's perception of them, TRG, theyve so proven this time and again, why youre quite right.

Are you even going to acknowledge that Ben was on his 3rd rape accusers before they did anything? ?

I was informed after the Hardy charges were dismissed that innocent was innocent.

Are you saying that innocent is innocent for Greg Hardy, but not for Ben Roethlisberger?

Hardy is not going to give money back. That's nonsense. Nor will the team franchise him.

I don't have strong feelings either way as to whether or not he should be a Panther. 

My problem is with the league letting a player and our team bear the brunt of good ole Rodger's fug up. And I also see too many here that seem to want to fry the guy. All of us, and I do mean all, have made mistakes in our lives. Those mistakes should not necessarily define us forever.

There are those on this board that seem to take an inordinate amount of pleasure in the misfortunes of others. Not just as it relates to Hardy, but every NFL player that finds himself in trouble. I'm not a religious man, but my recollection is the bible says something about throwing the first stone.

Take it for what you will.

Wasn't talking about Hardy giving money back.  People have suggested that the league should give the Panthers extra cap space as an apology for screwing them over last year.

Like I said, delusional.

I've been pretty vocal about the league's CYA tactics in the wake of the Ray Rice screwup.  To be fair, domestic violence rightly should net a large penalty, but the charge that the league is overcompensating right now could very well have some merit.  That ship may right itself down the road, but for now the league has image problems and Hardy is a reminder of them.

Beyond that though...

Objectively speaking, even without the domestic violence trial, it was going to be highly unlikely that Hardy would stay a Panther this year.  He'd already reportedly turned down an 8 million a year offer.  Much as I enjoyed having him on the roster, I couldn't have gotten behind a bigger offer than that.

What is the point of taking last year's money back?

He didnt choose to not play football, and it doesnt benefit us in any way other than give ole Jerry some extra gas money.

For a guy who is indisputably legally innocent, there sure seem to be a lot of stipulations for him to "prove" himself or whatever.

Archived