• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

League files motion for Hardy's evidence

philit99

I love Greg Hardy and hope he comes back and plays for the Panthers. He is one of my favorite players and I love that he is insane.

But let's not forget something very important. His trip to the commissioners exempt list was negotiated by the league, the panthers, and Hardy's agent.

Greg could have said you know what I did it I'm sorry give me a misdemeanor and a deferred judgement where it goes away after 3-5 years if I complete sensitivity and anger management courses and stay out of trouble, suspend me six games without pay, and I'll see you in November.

His own agent helped negotiate him getting on the list because he wanted to continue to get paid during this whole thing.

Now if he comes back at a reduced salary of say $8MM or signs a 5 year deal with a team where year one doesn't pay him as much, then that was a smart move because then if he gets a suspension, each game check he will lose will be substantially smaller.

If you don't think Hardy's lawyers and financial people thought of this well before any of us did you are crazy. He wasn't sitting on the curb on mint street just begging to play because he is so black and blue awesome. This so far has gone down perfectly for Hardy.

I love Greg Hardy and hope he comes back and plays for the Panthers. He is one of my favorite players and I love that he is insane.

But let's not forget something very important. His trip to the commissioners exempt list was negotiated by the league, the panthers, and Hardy's agent.

Greg could have said you know what I did it I'm sorry give me a misdemeanor and a deferred judgement where it goes away after 3-5 years if I complete sensitivity and anger management courses and stay out of trouble, suspend me six games without pay, and I'll see you in November.

His own agent helped negotiate him getting on the list because he wanted to continue to get paid during this whole thing.

Now if he comes back at a reduced salary of say $8MM or signs a 5 year deal with a team where year one doesn't pay him as much, then that was a smart move because then if he gets a suspension, each game check he will lose will be substantially smaller.

If you don't think Hardy's lawyers and financial people thought of this well before any of us did you are crazy. He wasn't sitting on the curb on mint street just begging to play because he is so black and blue awesome. This so far has gone down perfectly for Hardy.

I don't think Bill would even put this out unless he is truly hearing Greg is willing to make concessions to be on this team... just my opinion. . Bill 2 major points on Greg not being here were if no legal actions were taking against him.. were " Greg's asking price for his services" and "Jerry's level of trust and forgiveness".. 1 or both of these things must be happening for Voth to soften on his opinion. .

I don't think Bill would even put this out unless he is truly hearing Greg is willing to make concessions to be on this team... just my opinion. . Bill 2 major points on Greg not being here were if no legal actions were taking against him.. were " Greg's asking price for his services" and "Jerry's level of trust and forgiveness".. 1 or both of these things must be happening for Voth to soften on his opinion. .

My post wasn't knocking Hardy at all. He may very well be willing to make some concessions to come back, I don't know.

I'm saying his trip to the PTO list worked out well for him because even if he does get suspended without pay next season, it'll be at a per game check rate that is significantly smaller than what he would have had to pay this past year.

It might not be the Vet Minimum that gets him to sign.. And Voth's article is saying that Greg may be willing to play for below market Value to stay here and prove himself to Jerry and the team. I agree he should take tge money and run.. But what we thought about Greg wanting money instead of being here might be wrong. .

I actually think Greg knows he is more successful here than going to a different team that may not compete. He will get his money, but maybe he seeks a ring first. I found my pills, so no more thinking the NFL would do the right thing if there is no evidence that Hardy was innocent all along. Which is why they WILL find something on Hardy, that's my whole point.

If the evidence from the initial trial reveals photos of a bruised and battered woman (not even saying there are such pictures, just saying *IF*), I think that would be more than enough evidence for the NFL to take action in defense of the shield's "image".

But the NFL needs to know, the pictures where taken the NEXT DAY .. the night of the incident the Police saw no reason to take her to be checked out by a doctor.

Hardy was not arrested that night either.

Doesn't matter if they're introduced at another trial (there wasn't one). His attorney's w/p is his attorney's and his alone.

If any works of an attorney in defense of his client are introduced into evidence in a criminal trial, from that point on those works (or copies of those works) are records of the state and NOT the privilege of an attorney and his client.

I'm surprised you don't understand this.

How can you say a guy is not trust worthy when leaders of the team are lobbying for him. They have more invested than anyone and if Hardy screws up again they are the ones that will suffer the most. You saw no one cry when Smith left but it looks like most of the team wants hardy back. Thats big no matter how you spin it.

So you think its sound philosophy for players on the team to make decisions on personnel matters?

Holy poo, you want this team to suck for years, don't you?

If any works of an attorney in defense of his client are introduced into evidence in a criminal trial, from that point on those works (or copies of those works) are records of the state and NOT the privilege of an attorney and his client.

I'm surprised you don't understand this.

Well, of course if it's INTRODUCED to the court, then it's public record and the NFL doesn't even need a motion.

The thing is, nothing was introduced.  There was no second trial.  It's his work product.  Period.  Full stop.

Well, of course if it's INTRODUCED to the court, then it's public record and the NFL doesn't even need a motion.

The thing is, nothing was introduced.  There was no second trial.  It's his work product.  Period.  Full stop.

There was plenty of material introduced into evidence by both sides in the first trial.  Some of that evidence might be pictures of the purported injuries of the alleged victim.

And the NFL has to ask the state for permission to gain access to those records and evidence.  You think such things are open to public viewing on a web-site or something?

There was enough for the first judge to find him guilty. Our legal system vacates that trial and gives him a trial by jury. However, that trial did happen and there was evidence presented. That evidence will be evaluated by the league.

The first court appearance was a hearing not a judgement. This is why Hardy was allowed to have a jury trial. If it were a real judgment Hardy could have requested a jury trial from the start. So that logic is flawed. Its like saying "well he was arrested so he must be guilty".

So you think its sound philosophy for players on the team to make decisions on personnel matters?

Holy poo, you want this team to suck for years, don't you?

Thats not what I said but what does that matter anyways. Im not going to be able to fix your kind of stupid.

There was plenty of material introduced into evidence by both sides in the first trial. Some of that evidence might be pictures of the purported injuries of the alleged victim.

And the NFL has to ask the state for permission to gain access to those records and evidence. You think such things are open to public viewing on a web-site or something?

I'm talking strictly about the transcripts.

Public has access to all documents not under protective order. All you need to do is go to the clerk of courts office.  Some counties may have a website that allows access to civil filings, but Mecklenburg County does not.

Archived