• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It wasn't really "mutual"

Mr. Scot

Harbaugh with his style will be a good college coach,a shame it didn't translate to the NFL.

It didnt translate? He won as many game as anyone in his first 3 years and made two championship games and a super bowl. The owner just wanted his own ass kissing puppet to be coaching and Harbaugh would never allow that

Not much would make me happier than to see the 49ers go back to how they were before Harbaugh got there. They don't have much legit talent that's been brought in since Harbaugh got there, not much improvement to the actual roster. That rookie LB that was supposed to be good, I think Aldon Smith got there after Harbaugh. Not much else. So I could definitely see them going back to what they were before him.

Which would be evidence to see why Harbaugh was probably wearing his visit out. He inherited alot of talent and did very little in adding talent. Now they aren't on rookie contracts, aged, and not on the upside. He was in win now mode and didnt build for the future

It didnt translate? He won as many game as anyone in his first 3 years and made two championship games and a super bowl. The owner just wanted his own ass kissing puppet to be coaching and Harbaugh would never allow that

Word from inside the Niners locker room was that his act was wearing thin on a lot of guys.  Many people point to the diminishing returns this season as part of that.

The whole "constantly yelling and screaming" thing is something that can work pretty well on a group of kids who'll be playing under you for generally four years at most. 

On a group of paid professional adults with the means to seek out other opportunities, not so much.

Word from inside the Niners locker room was that his act was wearing thin on a lot of guys. Many people point to the diminishing returns this season as part of that.

The whole "constantly yelling and screaming" thing is something that can work pretty well on a group of kids who'll be playing under you for generally four years at most.

On a group of paid professional adults with the means to seek out other opportunities, not so much.

They also had 40 draft picks in 4 years and basically got maybe 4-5 starters?

Not much of a return on investment

Which would be evidence to see why Harbaugh was probably wearing his visit out. He inherited alot of talent and did very little in adding talent. Now they aren't on rookie contracts, aged, and not on the upside. He was in win now mode and didnt build for the future

Eh, that "lot of talent" wasn't doing much before he got there... I believe the 49ers success the past few years have been much more a result of his coaching than the talent on the team.

The 49ers fans are screwed with that ownership. When was the last time they got along with a winning coach?  I hope the fans enjoyed there run because its going to be 6-10 and 8-8 from here on out. Dont worry though the coaching staff will make sure they clean the stadium after the fans leave.

I actually think Geep (pronounced 'Jeep') Chryst is a good choice for OC.

That said, I still think the Niners will suck this year (and probably for a while).

I like Geep and think he's a good solid quality coach to follow Roman in that same offense.  I think they'll be somewhat successful running the ball heavily and that includes the QB, but they're gonna Dan Henning the F out of Kaepernick and shorten his career 

But, there's nothing bring that staff together.  It's a cheap staff overall, no one's really that good at the things Harbaugh was great at. 

The concept that the 9ers want to blow themselves up, awesome, do it, if it's Harbaugh you think's the problem, be my guest.  Get rid of an NFC contender.   But for them to let so many walk - and have to promote from within, essentially against their own will - wow.   I've probably said 80% of this before so, sorry about that, but they say it's cheapness. 

It would've made sense to keep Roman, Fangio, etc if Tomsula's your guy.  That's the play.  Show Harbaugh that it was him, since they think it was him, and push the continuity.   Instead they picked up what was left out of their own yardsale, and brought it back in the house instead of taking it to goodwill. 

I like Geep and think he's a good solid quality coach to follow Roman in that same offense.  I think they'll be somewhat successful running the ball heavily and that includes the QB, but they're gonna Dan Henning the F out of Kaepernick and shorten his career 

But, there's nothing bring that staff together.  It's a cheap staff overall, no one's really that good at the things Harbaugh was great at. 

The concept that the 9ers want to blow themselves up, awesome, do it, if it's Harbaugh you think's the problem, be my guest.  Get rid of an NFC contender.   But for them to let so many walk - and have to promote from within, essentially against their own will - wow.   I've probably said 80% of this before so, sorry about that, but they say it's cheapness. 

It would've made sense to keep Roman, Fangio, etc if Tomsula's your guy.  That's the play.  Show Harbaugh that it was him, since they think it was him, and push the continuity.   Instead they picked up what was left out of their own yardsale, and brought it back in the house instead of taking it to goodwill. 

I'd love to know where the order to dump everybody but Rathman came from.

You'd assume it came from the team.  Would make Tomsula look like an a--hole if it were from him.

(could be argued it makes him look like an a--hole anyway)

They definitely let go of some decent coaches, Fangio and Brad Seely in particular.

Archived