• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Wilks promoted to Assistant Head Coach

Strawman

"While most of the NFL coaching jobs are filled, some teams are still fiddling with titles and re-assigning guys.

The Panthers gave a promotion to one of their own, naming secondary coach Steve Wilks assistant head coach."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/16/panthers-promote-steve-wilks-to-assistant-head-coach/

Well deserved, damn fine coach.

I know a lot of you guys are attached to mcdermot, but wilks is who Rivera origionally wanted at DC when he took the job in 2011.

Wilks was stuck under contract in SD at the time, where he and rivera teamed up to make a #1 defense with a bunch of scrubs.

When mcD leaves, we wont miss a beat. In fact, i bet we get better. This move to assistant HC just solidifies my notion of how highly respected this guy is..

Wilks had a large hand in our very young secondary playing very well down the stretch

I know a lot of you guys are attached to mcdermot, but wilks is who Rivera origionally wanted at DC when he took the job in 2011.

Wilks was stuck under contract in SD at the time, where he and rivera teamed up to make a #1 defense with a bunch of scrubs.

When mcD leaves, we wont miss a beat. In fact, i bet we get better. This move to assistant HC just solidifies my notion of how highly respected this guy is..

Wilks had a large hand in our very young secondary playing very well down the stretch

Agreed. I like McD, but I have no problems letting him walk to a HC job if he gets one after this year.

Archived