• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles and Bills: Major Trade

Mark S

You said something incredibly stupid about Barry Sanders. He was productive into his 30's and walked away because he lost his desire for the game in Detroit. I have heard him talk and he has stated he could have played a few more years. His body wasn't broken down from his carries like you're trying to imply.

That wasn't the point of that post though. Please prove me wrong instead of deflect the conversation.

And I'm doubting you've heard him talk.

I'm even going to give you two more sources to look at. So please, give me an article that says rb's do not age faster than other positions, carries do not affect career outputs, and there's a drop off in productivity at a certain age.

http://www.footballperspective.com/a-closer-look-at-running-back-aging-patterns-part-ii/

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/16/age-of-decline-rb1/

This is not an argument about the lifespan or optimal years of a RB. Look, we all get slower the older we get, that's life.

Its why the first thing I said was "Elite" RB's usually last a little longer and listed the current elite guys still producing past 28. Not many RB's last far past that, its a young mans game for sure. But bringing up Barry Sanders as an example is retarded.

That wasn't the point of that post though. Please prove me wrong instead of deflect the conversation.

And I'm doubting you've heard him talk.

You said Overworked RB's don't last, ask Barry Sanders. What point were you trying to make if not that?

Look, Barry was a strange cat, he didn't seem to care about awards (famously didn't attend the Heisman presentation and retired just short of Walter Peytons record) never made a scene when he scored a TD. But he didn't retire because he was overworked, papers were saying he was walking away at the top of his game at the time.

Bobby Ross probably had more to do with it than anything.

I don't care about RB ages or how good they are later in their career or how much they cost or anything like that.  I don't think any of that had anything to do with this trade.  This trade had all to do with ego.  Chip Kelly's ego.  Chip Kelly thinks his system comes straight from God and it will work no matter who is on the field.  And any player that questions what he is doing can get off his team.  He does not care how good they are or how much the fans like them or how much money they make.  I don't think he can stand players with any kind of ego that is on his team.  I think he will end up running all the veterans that have played in any other system but his and know that other systems work as well or better than his.

Now I could be wrong about this, I am most of the time, but all the players that seemed to have a strong presence in the locker room are now gone.  For good or bad.  If he continues to do this kind of thing he is going to find it very hard to sign free agents in the future unless he really overpays them.  No one wants to work for a guy who thinks he knows everything and his way is the only way to do it and every other way is wrong.  Saban was like that, and that is why he went back to college.  I think this will get interesting in the next year or 2.

I think guys like Kuechly is the reason you follow the sport. That's why it's so important that he's 'the best' to you. He's only a role player in an inconsistent defense. Nothing wrong with that.

Can this be best answer so everyone can see how dumb it is?

Can this be best answer so everyone can see how dumb it is?

Pretty sure anyone who's read his posts understands that 1) he has no clue what he's talking about and 2) he always talks down white players.

Nobody takes him seriously, but I'm not certain he even has the brain capacity to realize that.

^CoMpLeXiOn- Pertaining to the hue of the human skin. See, you made an ass outta yourself trying to be smart. It only took 3 little sentences before your little GED brain started frying.

You know who checks grammars on forums? People who barely graduate high school  or taking GED classes. They don't get the concept of informal communications. Yes, this forum is not formal, son. You won't find answers to your GED questions here. And, if you did graduate college and you don't get that point, well, you need to go back.

Anyhow, about Watt? Well, I can tell he matters to you a lot also, same as Kuechly. Weird, I wonder why. You know what I think of Watt? Justin Houston won the sack record last year and he plays in a tougher division. He was half a sack shy of the NFL record. But for some reason, JJ WAAAATTTTTT!!!!!! Don't make me laugh!

You make us laugh every time you post :lol:

(hint: it's not the good kind of laugh)

Also notice you didn't even bother to deny that a player's "complexion" matters more to you than their ability :rolleyes:

But hey, while you're here, you should check this out:

• 2 months later...

Archived