• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles and Bills: Major Trade

Mark S

I'm gonna be honest here this looks like a horrible trade for Philly. I know Chip Kelly kinda has that "mad scientist" and "it's so crazy it might work" schtick going for him...but if I were an Eagles fan I wouldn't be happy. Not to mention all the chatter that they want to trade up for Marcus Marriota. 

Consensus on Bills message board is "Why didn't we trade for Foles instead?!"  They seem ok with losing Kiko since he tore his ACL early and they were fine without him, and therer's chatter he wanted out of Buffalo anyway

Consensus on Bills message board is "Why didn't we trade for Foles instead?!"  They seem ok with losing Kiko since he tore his ACL early and they were fine without him, and therer's chatter he wanted out of Buffalo anyway

lol at wanting Foles over McCoy...

Rodak on twitter (Bills version of David Newton) says the Bills have made it official and said they won't be looking to bring back CJ Spiller. 

I'd like to see us go after him. Family in the area, maybe needs a fresh start. He can at least do returns. 

Wow, I'll bet no one predicted this...

Paul Domowitch's article from January predicting the Eagles wouldn't keep McCoy because they couldn't afford both him and Maclin

"McCoy is only 26, but already has played six NFL seasons. His 1,461 carries rank ninth among active running backs. Most of the eight in front of him - Steven Jackson, Frank Gore, Willis McGahee, Chris Johnson, Maurice Jones-Drew - are on the downside of their careers. While the run game is a key element of Kelly's offense, he, like a growing number of other NFL coaches, might feel he can find a younger, cheaper replacement(s) in the draft.

Take a look at the leading rushers for this year's 12 playoff teams. The Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch is the only back with a salary-cap number above $5 million ($8M). The leading rushers for nine of the 12 playoff teams had a cap number under $2 million. And this year's draft is supposed to be especially rich and deep in running backs."

http://mobile.philly.com/sports/eagles/?wss=/philly/sports/eagles&id=290151411

and another article from March where he predicts it is not likely McCoy will be back:

"McCoy's 2015 cap number is $11.9 million, second highest among NFL running backs to Adrian Peterson ($15.4 million). Throw in Darren Sproles' $4.1 million cap number and have $16 million of the Eagles' 2015 salary cap (expected to be around $140 million) invested at running back. And that will increase even more once the Eagles tender restrict free agent Chris Polk. McCoy is only 26 and is one of the two or three best backs in the league. But he already has nearly 1,800 career touches. If his cap number were, say $5 million to $6 million, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation. But it isn't. Chip Kelly has said he wants McCoy back, but at $11.9 million? Not likely."

http://www.goerie.com/PD-Philadelphia-Daily-News-Paul-Domowitch-column-0301

When I saw this I assumed McCoy was older than I thought he was. Turns out, he isn't. Lesean is only 26.

Philly is stupid. Oh well.

That's an NFC team getting that much worse. No sweat off my brow.

Sounds like Chip Kelly is getting rid of all the players that grumbled about Kelly's way of doing things. Cary Williams, Trent Cole, McCoy, etc.

Power over the roster has gone to Chip's head

So assuming this goes through...

You have an offensive coach trading away his best weapon for a young linebacker who tore his ACL last year.

And you have a defensive coach trading a potentially great young linebacker for an aging runningback.

I know there are loads of other factors to figure in, but any way you slice it this still comes off to me as an odd transaction.

LeSean McCoy over last 5 seasons has led league in rush yards.

Used a bunch of tread up in Philly, Philly has seen the majority of his best years. he will have a monster year or two in Buffalo but Philly has seen his best. 5 years is a long span to lead the league in rushing.

I question Chip in that who is going to keep Alonso clean, upright, besides Cox on their D line. Everyone should know LB's can only be as good as the defensive lineman up front keeping offensive lineman off them let them be.

Archived