• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Free Agent News

Mr. Scot

Those organizations put themselves in place for moves like that by being wise over time and building a consistent winner.

That's what we're trying to do now, but people are screaming because they want us to go on a Dan Snyder type spending spree and risk it all for one shot at a title (which we're screwed if we don't get).

The shortsightedness is just silly.

Well, that is not necessarily what I am hearing. For the most part, I hear sensible people discussing philosophy. Sure you have people with that sentiment, but then you have people on the other end of the spectrum trying to inject that sentiment into the discussion by their immediate overreaction to normal discussion.

I swear it seems like a Pavlovian exercise around here sometimes.

AND they traded a 1st rounder for Trent Richardson!

Geniuses, they are!

Hey, but at least they were smart with their next year's first rounder.

Bjorn Werner is gonna be an opposing team's nightmare...

...at some point :unsure:

Well, that is not necessarily what I am hearing. For the most part, I hear sensible people discussing philosophy. Sure you have people with that sentiment, but then you have people on the other end of the spectrum trying to inject that sentiment into the discussion by their immediate overreaction to normal discussion.

I swear it seems like a Pavlovian exercise around here sometimes.

To be honest, this thread was meant for quick updates, not a debate on free agent philosophy.

I'd rather take that discussion somewhere else.

Some teams are concerned with being in the Super Bowl for the next five years and some teams are concerned with getting to the Super Bowl within 5 years

Just a philosophical difference I guess

And some fans are optimists that have no clue how to build a team.

While other fans are incessant bleeding whiners that have no clue how to build a team.

Just a philosophical difference, I guess.

And some fans are optimists that have no clue how to build a team.

While other fans are incessant bleeding whiners that have no clue how to build a team.

Just a philosophical difference, I guess.

You're right, I just defer to the executives with the wins.

You can be active in agency and fill needs with quality guys without overspending on "elite" names. Those teams that overspend on names alone despite their level of play, usually are losing teams.

The losing teams that pay for elite names are the teams that have the most cap which is the reason they are a losing team to begin with.

You're not going to find good teams with much cap space.

Giants are expected to sign RB Shane Vereen.

Giants are “very serious” about trying to sign Vereen.

Vereen, 25, ran for 391 yards on 96 carries (4.1 YPC) to go along with 52 receptions for 447 yards receiving and five total touchdowns for the Patriots.

Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 28 running back out of 57 qualifying players.

The losing teams that pay for elite names are the teams that have the most cap which is the reason they are a losing team to begin with.

You're not going to find good teams with much cap space.

Good teams usually keep enough cap space to sign that one player when the time comes to make their roster complete. Or to fill a whole that has been consistently holding them back. This may not be the year where we spend our money, but next years cap space will prob be close to double what we have now. Which is when i think gettleman and the FO will open up to more of those big name big game type players. Till then im fine with the organization being cap conscience cause their are guys on this team that deserve to be paid more so than any FA wanting top dollar. Cam, Luke, Star, Kk, and Norman all have to be paid with the same cap space so saving now keeps the roster intact for the future.

Archived