• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Free Agency Update Thread

Mr. Scot

In other random news...

Joe PersonVerified account ‏@josephperson

RT @MikeGarafolo From me and @alexmarvez: Greg Hardy involved in verbal altercation with Cowboys teammate Davon Coleman today, per sources.

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo · 16m 16 minutes ago

Sources say the argument between Hardy and Coleman began during conditioning drills. Teammates separated them. Full story coming.

Wtf

Remember when the Dolphons shook up the first round of the draft a few years back by taking Dion Jordan at pick #3?

Well...

Alex Marvez retweeted

Dolphins Brass tounguetied when asked about Dion Jordan... My Opinion... He doesn't come out of the Draft a Dolphin

My suspicion based off of nothing whatsoever is that they use Jordan to trade up to grab Gurley.  If he's available after JAX, I think some teams would want to grab him before Atlanta, Minny, and the Rams pick.  Redskins with a trade down maybe. 

I'm not used to a practice scuffle meriting a 'full story'.

Wonder what that's about.

Because it's Hardy who has been headline news the last couple days. Definitely good for a few clicks so the smart business move is to make a full story about it. I'd be very surprised if it was anything more than a one-liner about the incident and just background on him and his situation to fill it out.

Because it's Hardy who has been headline news the last couple days. Definitely good for a few clicks so the smart business move is to make a full story about it. I'd be very surprised if it was anything more than a one-liner about the incident and just background on him and his situation to fill it out.

Very possible.

My suspicion based off of nothing whatsoever is that they use Jordan to trade up to grab Gurley.  If he's available after JAX, I think some teams would want to grab him before Atlanta, Minny, and the Rams pick.  Redskins with a trade down maybe. 

That's an interesting thought and one that makes some sense. I think Chicago could make a lot of sense too. Jordan is probably better suited in a 3-4, they need a pass rusher and may feel getting the NT they need is a better value around #14.

So now apparently someone asked Roger Goodell about it :unsure:

Ian Rapoport retweeted

Goodell said he wanted to know more about reported verbal altercation involving Greg Hardy and Cowboys teammate before commenting further.

I'm not a Hardy defender, but this strikes me as overdoing it a bit.

Probably but I think Goodell is in the middle of a pre-draft press conference right now so a reporter probably just saw the report and asked him.

Also, I saw a couple Cowboys fans say this is not the first time Coleman has been involved in an incident like this. They said he has a sense of humor that really doesn't sit well with a lot of people. My guess is he called Hardy and wife beater or something and that set him off. Probably a big story out of nothing but its Hardy and the Cowboys so it makes the headlines.

Probably but I think Goodell is in the middle of a pre-draft press conference right now so a reporter probably just saw the report and asked him.

Also, I saw a couple Cowboys fans say this is not the first time Coleman has been involved in an incident like this. They said he has a sense of humor that really doesn't sit well with a lot of people. My guess is he called Hardy and wife beater or something and that set him off. Probably a big story out of nothing but its Hardy and the Cowboys so it makes the headlines.

Could be.

Only other reason I could think of is the league takes a dim view of racial slurs.  Still, that's a reach.

So here's the story, and no it's not much (link)

Dallas Cowboys defensive end Greg Hardy was involved in a verbal altercation with backup defensive lineman Davon Coleman at the team's facility on Friday and had to be separated by teammates, sources have told FOX Sports.

The dispute between Hardy and Coleman arose from Hardy's questioning Coleman's effort during conditioning drills, a source said. Hardy is working out with his new teammates after signing with the team earlier this month. He was suspended 10 games for a violation of the league's personal conduct policy following charges of domestic abuse last year, though he's permitted to take part in the team's offseason program.

Coleman's agent, Michael Loeffler, confirmed there was a confrontation between Hardy and his client, though Loeffler said it was only a verbal argument and not a physical fight. Sources said teammates got in between the two players before the argument could escalate.

Making new friends? :unsure:

Eagles rescinded the RFA tender on RB Chris Polk.

He's talented. Probably the result of an overcrowded backfield. Went undrafted in 2012 over concerns of a degenerative shoulder when he had a 2nd-4th round projection.

Archived