• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman: Oher can be answer at left tackle

Jeremy Igo

he didn't bring those guys in, and he couldn't afford to upgrade the positions.

That's his failure?

In what world do you live in?

DG could have brought in S.Henderson and J.Hurst two UDFAS last season,or hell even one and it would have been an improvement over Bell and Chandler.but DG didn't do anything last offseason to address our needs at tackle besides pursue A.Collins and when that didn't materialize Bell and Chandler were our ONLY two options.but lets continue blaming Hurney and our cap space for Bell and Chandler starting last season.

How is the gm at fault for the hardy situation? Hardy was the one that dated a crazy chick.

And enough with the steve smith stuff. He isn't the only player to be cut like that and he won't be the last.

Hardy had problems before the tag, you play with fire you get burned.

DG could have brought in S.Henderson and J.Hurst two UDFAS last season,or hell even one and it would have been an improvement over Bell and Chandler.but DG didn't do anything last offseason to address our needs at tackle besides pursue A.Collins and when that didn't materialize Bell and Chandler were our ONLY two options.but lets continue blaming Hurney and our cap space for Bell and Chandler starting last season.

lol

I'd pass on your recommendations.

I don't feel bringing in crap to throw at the position would have helped any.

Let me tell you what, I don't want ya to stop hating on Gettleman, cause those of us who know better need more entertainment on the huddle.

seantrel henderson graded one spot higher than byron bell last year on PFF.  he was the third worst tackle in the entire league.  james hurst was the sixth worst.  our own blindside graded out higher than both of them.  i mean things like this are easy to say when you watch them on some other team getting their quarterbacks killed.  the rhetoric out of this fanbase probably would be the same right now.

it's amusing to me how lining up nate chandler at RT and byron bell's ass up at LT was such a travesty but the proposed solution to that problem was either a 7th round rookie (which is what henderson actually was, not an UDFA) and a rookie UDFA in hurst whom nobody would recognize or care about if he wasn't a tar heel.  making either of those two day one starters is every bit the "gamble" with cam's health that chandler or bell would have been even if they both turned in to all pros.

• 6 months later...

Archived