• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Davis will get an extension, plus more not mentioned in tweets

Nick_81

Yeah we have to keep CJ around not only because he is a beast but also because Ealy is still very much an unknown and we can't go from having a beastly defensive line to losing two great pass rushers over the course of a couple seasons.

It would absolutely cripple the team and how they like to play defense.

It might be morbid but I hope the extension is structured in a way that gets his salary off the books if his ACL blows out again.

He's a pro-bowl caliber linebacker and deserves to be paid like one but I'm nervous everytime he goes in for a tackle, and two seasons healthy doesn't prove that it couldn't happen again at any time.

Stopped reading after first line.

You should be covered in bacon grease and set loose in a pit of starved wolves.

Did he play?  Was he playing?  Yes, he was playing.  That injury excuse doesn't work in the NFL.  Was Cam hurt?  Damn right he was, and he said no excuses up at the podium every time he talked.  

Did I miss CJ's press conferences, because I don't recall him being asked to step to a podium or not taking responsibility for his early-season peformance.  In fact... http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/8968/sackless-johnson-still-earning-his-keep

Perhaps that explains in part this Monday tweet by Johnson, who is known as @randywattson on Twitter:

I will train harder, I will work harder, and I will focus harder. I will pick my game up! I will earn everything that given to me #Panthers

— charles johnson (@randywattson) September 22, 2014

He had only one sack during the first three games of the 2010 season and finished with 11.5.

One also has to remember Johnson missed most of the preseason with a hamstring string injury.

"To me, Charles is continuing to get back in the mix," McDermott said. "[sunday night] he took another step forward. I know you guys are probably looking at numbers. But when you look at the total package of him defending the run, he did a better job. He rushed fast. The ball was coming out fast."

And, as McDermott reminded, Addison's sack came in part because Johnson got such a good push from his side.

"It just so happens Mario gets his hand on the quarterback before Charles does," McDermott said. "Let's not overlook the good that he's doing, because he is doing some good things."

Did I miss CJ's press conferences, because I don't recall him being asked to step to a podium or not taking responsibility for his early-season peformance.  In fact... http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/8968/sackless-johnson-still-earning-his-keep

I'm confused, are you taking up for a guy that wants to get better even though he sucked?  Or what?  Either way, he only had 8 sacks last year that's extremely average and with the money we're paying him average is not what we need right now.  

Yeah we have to keep CJ around not only because he is a beast but also because Ealy is still very much an unknown and we can't go from having a beastly defensive line to losing two great pass rushers over the course of a couple seasons.

It would absolutely cripple the team and how they like to play defense.

CJ's contract isn't up for two more years. That gives them plenty of time to evaluate whether or not Ealy can be the answer moving forward.

Did he play?  Was he playing?  Yes, he was playing.  That injury excuse doesn't work in the NFL.  Was Cam hurt?  Damn right he was, and he said no excuses up at the podium every time he talked.  

Yeah, just like CJ would have said at the podium, had he been on it...  Doesn't change the fact that a hip-flexor and knee injury isn't going to allow a DE to be at his most effective.  Gotta have a slight bit of common sense to put it all together...

I'm confused, are you taking up for a guy that wants to get better even though he sucked? Or what? Either way, he only had 8 sacks last year that's extremely average and with the money we're paying him average is not what we need right now.

Sorry man, but CJ didn't 'suck' once he got healthy. And what he's being paid is a moot point because there isn't anything that can be done about it short of extending him, which seems to go against your argument.

Sorry man, but CJ didn't 'suck' once he got healthy. And what he's being paid is a moot point because there isn't anything that can be done about it short of extending him, which seems to go against your argument.

He is getting up there in age at this point.  A replacement must be thought about with that insane contract he has.  He didn't suck toward the end of the season, but at the beginning Jesus was he bad.  

Yeah, just like CJ would have said at the podium, had he been on it...  Doesn't change the fact that a hip-flexor and knee injury isn't going to allow a DE to be at his most effective.  Gotta have a slight bit of common sense to put it all together...

Sorry, I don't want to hear it.  If he is healthy and on the field he needs to produce.  At the beginning towards the middle of the season he did not produce even a bit.  When we needed him to with Hardy being out.  

Sorry, I don't want to hear it.  If he is healthy and on the field he needs to produce.  At the beginning towards the middle of the season he did not produce even a bit.  When we needed him to with Hardy being out.  

Of course you don't want to hear it.... lol

Archived