• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I am on Bre shad Perriman's bandwagon

top dawg

It seems to me that the blazing fast WRs can't catch-that is what I am reading about him.  I have not seen him at all.  And the Kelvin Benjamin comparison (Well, he drops passes) is crazy. 

I don't think people are necessarily comparing him to KB. They just have similar flaws.

Also have to keep DGB in mind. A team could take the risk and pick him early allowing Strong or Perriman to drop.

I truely think DGB will be that one prospect this year that falls to mid rounds, there is always one player that drops far and people are shocked, DGB could be that guy. While VERY unlikely, it wouldnt be shocking if he went undrafted. Two pot possesions and domestic violence are no joke. Especially after Gordon, Blackmon, Hardy and Ray Rice among others.

I do. Strong isn't a burner but he's big, smart and, most importantly, he's got those hands. He'll fit right in with our scheme. If we desire break away speed, we could always opt for Parker (who has very solid hands too).

Perriman bothers me only because he's the prototypical blazingly-fast WR with below average hands and very little football smarts. Rarely do those types hang around the NFL for more than three years. I wouldn't mind him if we drafted him in the late rounds, but in first round? Hell no.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-12-20/sports/os-ucf-breshad-perriman-beef-bowl-1221-20121220_1_george-o-leary-herman-moore-brett-perriman

I do. Strong isn't a burner but he's big, smart and, most importantly, he's got those hands. He'll fit right in with our scheme. If we desire break away speed, we could always opt for Parker (who has very solid hands too).

Perriman bothers me only because he's the prototypical blazingly-fast WR with below average hands and very little football smarts. Rarely do those types hang around the NFL for more than three years. I wouldn't mind him if we drafted him in the late rounds, but in first round? Hell no.

I just can't get behind Strong, just too stiff. He has good deep speed once he gets going (similar to KB) but no explosiveness out of breaks. Isn't going to make anyone miss in the open field either.

I do think Perriman's pro day may just drop Parker a bit closer to us.

Perriman in the 1st? No way. Poor hands, meh route running, iffy technique. Not a fan... for a 1st rounder anyway. I'm on board in the 2nd.

Not sure why people are citing KB when he was a much better prospect. People kept saying KB was "raw" when his college tape said otherwise(ran a lot of pro routes). And KB's drops were almost all concentration problems.

A fast 40 at a pro day won't suddenly make him a better prospect imo.  "Game is not played in underwear"

And here is Gil Brandt:

"Perriman (6-foot-1 3/4, 212 pounds) was clocked between 4.19 and 4.27 seconds in the 40, but the official times being forwarded along to teams are 4.24 and 4.27. He had a 36 1/2-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-7 broad jump. He did 18 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press. Perriman -- who has 32-inch arms and 9 5/8-inch hands -- caught the ball better than expected during his positional workout. Some people thought that he didn't have very good hands, but you didn't see that today in his workout. He also showed very good change-of-direction skills."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000481537/article/breshad-perriman-of-ucf-uses-fast-40-to-boost-draft-stock

So he is regularly compared to DezBryant in the end zone and after the catch but runs a sub 4.3?! He just solidified himself as a first rounder then IMO...but that is a lot of WRs in that first.

At this point I would be sorta disappointed if we do not take Stong or Perriman if they are availible during our pick no matter who else unexpectedly dropped in this draft. Unless it was the other WRs projected in the early 1st

Archived