• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JAC RB Jordan Todman signed

Galvatron

I'm not certain you can count on past rosters as an indicator right now.

The reason I say that is because the team has stated that this season they're going to dedicate roster spots specifically to special teams aces, something they haven't done in the prior years under Gettleman.

Pretty good chance things will look different this coming season.

And those dedicated ST'ers also need to be able to play other positions. You only get 53 roster spots and you need to have a balance of players at different positions. If you look at every single one of our signings save the OL they are all like for like side grades or minor upgrades to players who were on the roster last year except that they all play special teams well.

Coleman = Decoud

Todman = Fozzy

Ginn = Philly

Boykin = Bersin

Teddy = Norman's old spot after Cason was released

There is a very clear pattern to all the signings made this offseason. Gettleman is looking to replace bottom of the roster players with guys who can do similar things at the same position but also be major contributors on special teams.

To be as experienced and skilled (according to the stats) at returns as Todman is, I find it pretty crazy of the Jags to not have attempted to re-sign him.

Our struggles last season should serve as an example to every team what a disaster it can be to fall asleep at the wheel regarding returns and ST.

When I saw his stats I thought the same thing. This seems like an extraordinary "no name" pick up that has high reward low risk (overused I know). Eventhough he was just signed to a 1 yr deal, it seems like he may have a very good chance of making the team.

Here are his career stats:

Year Team G Rush Yds Y/G Avg 100+ TD Rec Yds Y/G Avg 100+ TD Lost Yds TD Yds TD

2012 JAC 1 3 8 8.0 2.7 0 0 1 0 .0 .0 0 0 0 78 0 0 0

2013 JAC 16 76 256 16.0 3.4 1 2 14 116 7.3 8.3 0 1 0 712 0 0 0

2014 JAC 16 32 186 11.6 5.8 0 1 25 198 12.4 7.9 0 1 0 972 0 0 0

Certainly not amazing but for a 30 March signing? Nice.

EDIT: Wow. Guess that table didn't format well. This fix won't be much better...just look at them here: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6446/jordan-todman

Any word yet on what he is costing us?

If this bumps Fozzy to the practice squad I bet he gets picked up by another team.

Latest estimates have us at $10.7 under the cap so no matter what he realistically costs it won't hurt us. Even if you figure $5 for the rookies which many say is way too much, that still leave us with $5. So no worries just yet.

Pretty sure Nortman had the worst punt yardage averages in the league last season.

He had the third worst return yardage last year. A lot of that is on the coverage teams.

Edit: Also, the worst average return yard average at 15.5

Archived