• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which round do we trade up?

Sim1saint

I'm new to the forum, but seeing that there are a lot of high caliber prospects at positions of need, and the fact that we've received two 5th round compensatory picks. I believe that this may be the year we make a splash in the draft coming off back to back Division Championships. What rounds do you think we'll trade up for and what position. I think we'll trade up in the 2nd round and trade away our 4rd and 5th, or even our 3rd and 5th round picks to grab a gem in the draft. We all know Gettleman has a knack for spotting true talent and I feeling that he's going to make a name for himself in this years draft, as we all know this is his 3rd draft and may feel pressure to make a name for himself in this league as a next generational GM.

I personally think that we need a WR that can fill our need as a speed receiver to take us to the next level.

Devin Smith WR, Ohio State

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/devin-smith?id=2552459

He's got a great compliment of speed and size. Some of you may think that 6'0" isn't tall for a receiver, but pairing that with his speed and quickness I'm thinking 6'0" is plenty tall enough to be a solid contributor at the next level. Paring Smith's skill set with Kelvin Benjamin could be an interesting duo, where I see a lot of success and big play potential. I believe he'll be available in the mid 2nd round, in a decent position for us to utilize some of our picks for a home run potential player such as Devin Smith.

I could also seeing us trade up for

Shaq Thompson, OLB/S/RB, Washington

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/shaq-thompson?id=2552447

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0di4jhpjcTQ

He's somebody I see slipping to the second round,although being a clear cut 1st round talent wise prospect. Although he is a versatile athlete that can contribute in multiple ways, I see teams shying away from as a 1st round pick because of his unclear true position. Being a player that played both offensive and defense, as running back, safety, linebacker, nickelback, and sometimes contributing as a punt and kicker returns throughout his college career. I believe that he could be the perfect candidate to give our defense that final push to become elite. And I believe Ron being a defensive minded coach, will have a plan in how to utilize him as a safety/ linebacker role, to compliment our defense and groom him to become the future replacement of Thomas Davis.

Another person I find intriguing who I wouldn't want to spend our 1st pick on, and who won't last to us for our 2nd round pick is

Preston Smith DE, Mississippi State

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/preston-smith?id=2552276

I believe that having a prospect like Preston Smith in our DE rotation, would push our defense line to another level, as a full time consistent reckoning force. Seeing that he has the size potential to play inside as a pass rushing DT or as a solid all round style DE with his run stuffing and pass rushing abilities. I know that DE isn't the biggest position of need this year, but with the uncertainty of retaining Charles Johnson I believe that having a prospect such as Preston Smith come in and get time to grow into the NFL. By not having to feel pressured to have instant production, I believe he will grow into a star at the next level. And if so we would have a formidable defensive line that teams will fear for years to come, with our young studs Star, Kwann, and Ealy coming into their own.

Of course nipple pants won't trade up are u guys going insane

Not early, but he did for Bene so I could definitely see him trading up in the 4th or 5th, especially because we have the extra picks. I just don't see it happening this year for some reason.

the way I see it is that we've brought in a lot of depth at many of our positions of need, allowing us to trade away some of our picks for better prospects higher in the draft, on top of having the 2 5th round comp pics. Because we've already rounded out most of our positions of need with solid competition come training camp through free agency

I'm new to the forum, but seeing that there are a lot of high caliber prospects at positions of need, and the fact that we've received two 5th round compensatory picks. I believe that this may be the year we make a splash in the draft coming off back to back Division Championships. What rounds do you think we'll trade up for and what position. I think we'll trade up in the 2nd round and trade away our 4rd and 5th, or even our 3rd and 5th round picks to grab a gem in the draft. We all know Gettleman has a knack for spotting true talent and I feeling that he's going to make a name for himself in this years draft, as we all know this is his 3rd draft and may feel pressure to make a name for himself in this league as a next generational GM.

I believe that having a prospect like Preston Smith in our DE rotation, would push our defense line to another level, as a full time consistent reckoning force. Seeing that he has the size potential to play inside as a pass rushing DT or as a solid all round style DE with his run stuffing and pass rushing abilities. I know that DE isn't the biggest position of need this year, but with the uncertainty of retaining Charles Johnson I believe that having a prospect such as Preston Smith come in and get time to grow into the NFL. By not having to feel pressured to have instant production, I believe he will grow into a star at the next level. And if so we would have a formidable defensive line that teams will fear for years to come, with our young studs Star, Kwann, and Ealy coming into their own.

You definitely are new to the forum if you think Gettleman may be feeling pressure to make a name for himself. He already has almost dug us out of cap hell, pwned the past 2 drafts like a boss, hasn't overpaid for free agents, and cut players on a downward career spiral. All that effort has done is given us our first ever back to back division crowns and playoff appearances. The whole league has noticed that kind of effort even if the national media is slow to recognize. Why do you think all our division rivals have blown up their teams or coaching staffs or their mistaken free agent signings from last off-season? They see how our team is built, compare it to their own, and proceed to poo their pants. Gettleman has them scared terrified.

There's nothing uncertain about retaining Charles Johnson. We've got him for 2 more years. He's not going anywhere. Yes, he has a big cap number this year, but we probably won't re-do his deal and push that money into next year because we'll have Cam, Luke, and Josh Norman to re-sign next year. Better to keep CJ's big number in this year where we have the room for it, since CJ's number goes down about 25% next year anyway.

Not early, but he did for Bene so I could definitely see him trading up in the 4th or 5th, especially because we have the extra picks. I just don't see it happening this year for some reason.

This is the correct line of thinking IMO.

I think G will only trade if and when there is a player that was graded out 1 or so rounds higher than where they fall to. Absolute earliest would the 3rd but 4 or 5 is most likely if it happens at all.

I could see us trading some late picks for an extra fourth but don't really see anything else happening. Gettleman can find gems with any pick that can make immediate impact. I'm sick of trying to speculate on the draft. I'm gonna sit back and relax and let DG handle it.

Archived