• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Phillip Dorsett to meet with Panthers

LUUUUUKE

Dorsett is no where as good as Cooks or even TY Hilton coming out of college.

I realize some of you don't watch college ball but Dorsett was never a premier wr in his own conference. He has the skill set of a elite vertical threat but does not offer much else as a wr. Now a smaller wr like Crowder from Duke was a much better wr but he does not have Dorsett 4.3 speed.

I would take the k state wr Lockett over Dorsett as well. He was a tremendous wr in college and has skills transferable to the league as well.

Dude, what are you talking about? I've been watching college ball for a long long time, Dorsett is the real deal.

Your comparisons of him are completely off base.

His pro comparison is Desean Jackson, and not TY or Cooks, although I can see why the comparisons are drawn. Desean Jackson has been pretty successful with the same skill set.

If you're going to try and convince people by comparing him to pro players, at least throw a name out there that garners such a comparison.

Finally, I don't honestly see us landing the kid as much as I want him! Here's why. He's not going to be a player with the highest grade when we pick in the first. There's no way in hell he's still there in the 2nd when we pick. If he is still there in the 2nd then we got a hell of a steal!

Why we should consider picking him at 25:

- we have several WRs with great speed who already fit the bill of the new age WR at 6'2" and above. For that reason I don't see us going with another big target at WR. I think in this case, that player is "already on the roster".

-we should pick him at 25 because this is a need! It's what we've been lacking for awhile now. He's fast and has fantastic hands! I say we get him at 25 to make our O dynamic, but that's the homer in me, although I believe my logic behind the voice is sound.

I just don't see this FO grabbing him at 25. Therefore, as much as I truly want him, and we truly need him, he'll be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd.

Big fan of Miami and he was majorly underutilized but the canes...this kid can play and he has elite speed but he is very undersized at 185 pounds

Like I said, Desean Jackson is the true comparison for Dorsett

Edit: FYI Smitty is 5'9" and 195, Dorsett is only 10 lbs lighter and could easily put that on as he's still a kid.

Dorsett lacks that Smitty fire though, so that's where the comparisons stop.

Dude, what are you talking about? I've been watching college ball for a long long time, Dorsett is the real deal.

His pro comparison is Desean Jackson, and not TY or Cooks, although I can see why the comparisons are drawn. Desean Jackson has been pretty successful with the same skill set.

If you're going to try and convince people by comparing him to pro players, at least throw a name out there that garners such a comparison.

Finally, I don't honestly see us landing the kid as much as I want him! Here's why. He's not going to be a player with the highest grade when we pick in the first. There's no way in hell he's still there in the 2nd when we pick. If he is still there in the 2nd then we got a hell of a steal!

- we have several WRs with great speed who already fit the bill of the new age WR at 6'2" and above. For that reason I don't see us going with another big target at WR. I think in this case, that player is "already on the roster".

-we should pick him at 25 because this is a need! It's what we've been lacking for awhile now. He's fast and has fantastic hands! I say we get him at 25 to make our O dynamic, but that's the homer in me, although I believe my logic behind the voice is sound.

I just don't see this FO grabbing him at 25. Therefore, as much as I truly want him, and we truly need him, he'll be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd.

Huh??? I never compared him to TY Hilton and Cooks?

I was just adding on to CelibatePimp post about Dorsett when he posted this:

"He's rated lower than both TY and Cooks on his draft profile. He's compared to john brown who is not bad at all IMO."

Yeah I am just going to stop reading there. The Panthers had better not contemplate drafting Dorsett with the 25th pick. It should NEVER cross their mind. He's not a first round talent.

Your saying we should pick him at 25? So do. You believe he is better than someone like Strong, Perriman, DGB who will probably be available at 25? I honestly don't even think he is better than Devin Smith. To me your drafting Dorrsett on potential and not on what he is now.

His stock is on the rise: He ran a 4.33 at the Combine. He just ran 4.27 and 4.24 today at his Pro Day

Todd McShay @ McShay13

3h

Miami WR Phillip Dorsett ran two 40 times of 4.27 and 4.24 at

miami's Pro Day this am. Sudden, explosive, under ctrl and

caught everything

NFL.com Lindsay Rhodes @ lindsay_rhodes

5h

Miami WR Phillip Dorsett clocks 4.26 in 40. (Ran 4.33 at

combine). Also adds an inch to his vert w/ a 38, and 7 inches to

his broad- 10'9.

ESPN David Newton @ DNewtonespn

2h

That's the kind of speed the #Panthers are seeking.

ESPN James Walker @ JamesWalkerNFL

4h

#Hurricanes WR Phillip Dorsett is catching the ball well and

running good routes

South Florida Sun-Sentinel Omar Kelly @ OmarKelly

46m

I was asked if I'd seen a better Pro Day at Miami than what

Phillip Dorsett did today. I can't even think of any contenders.

That impressive

Do you think the coaching staff really likes how Hill has progressed and are counting on him to make a leap?

it really doesn't mattef because we have Ginn, Brown and whatever other WR FA we have and still may pick up before training camp starts. we have a gluttony of WR and Hill is a specimen and big target if he is truly ready to start producing

His stock is on the rise: He ran a 4.33 at the Combine. He just ran 4.27 and 4.24 today at his Pro Day

Todd McShay @ McShay13

3h

Miami WR Phillip Dorsett ran two 40 times of 4.27 and 4.24 at

miami's Pro Day this am. Sudden, explosive, under ctrl and

caught everything

NFL.com Lindsay Rhodes @ lindsay_rhodes

5h

Miami WR Phillip Dorsett clocks 4.26 in 40. (Ran 4.33 at

combine). Also adds an inch to his vert w/ a 38, and 7 inches to

his broad- 10'9.

ESPN David Newton @ DNewtonespn

2h

That's the kind of speed the #Panthers are seeking.

ESPN James Walker @ JamesWalkerNFL

4h

#Hurricanes WR Phillip Dorsett is catching the ball well and

running good routes

South Florida Sun-Sentinel Omar Kelly @ OmarKelly

46m

I was asked if I'd seen a better Pro Day at Miami than what

Phillip Dorsett did today. I can't even think of any contenders.

That impressive

At least somebody here has my back! I've been warning you all for weeks that his stock would rise significantly after the pro day.

Your saying we should pick him at 25? So do. You believe he is better than someone like Strong, Perriman, DGB who will probably be available at 25? I honestly don't even think he is better than Devin Smith. To me your drafting Dorrsett on potential and not on what he is now.

To answer your question, there's only 1 player on your list that I would take ahead of him and that's Perriman. He likely won't be on the board either by then. Even then, we essentially already have a Perriman in Benjamin. Me personally, I want someone who can truly stretch the field and take the doubles off of KB.

Picture this if you will:

KB

Olsen

Dorsett

And here's the wild card Hill/Brown/Boykin

Tell me who the hell you double!?

Tavon Austin all over again? Anyways, at least we know he's not afraid to go over the middle:

vQ71bL.gif

Tavon Austin?

Dorsett and Austin were nothing alike in college. That's not a good comparison. Austin did most of his damage behind the line of scrimmage, after the catch, and on intermediate routes. Dorsett was just a vertical threat. Also Austin actually produced in college where as Dorsett did not.

Archived