• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Phillip Dorsett to meet with Panthers

LUUUUUKE

David Newton today:

"Phillip Dorsett could be an option if the Carolina Panthers opt to use the No. 25 pick of the April 30 NFL draft on a speedy wide receiver. ... Dorsett has been projected as a late first-round to second-round pick. The Panthers are looking for a dynamic speed receiver to play opposite Kelvin Benjamin"

My dream scenario would be Strong in the first followed Greene, D.Smith, Lockett or Dorsett in the third.

Would LOVE to get Devin Smith.

Plays the deep ball better than anyone else, also has a great vert and has showcased his ability to go up and get it.

man I hope Stephen Hill can come out and be our #2 receiver. He has all the tools...6'4" 215, fast, physical and coached up.

His physicality could counteract our weak pass blocking as he can use his frame to get position on DBs.

would make the perfect possession receiver and is in the system. if the coaches and FO believe in this guy to get the job done, we don't need to draft a WR as we already have Ginn, Corey and Bersin that can be moved around for 4-receiver sets.

would be nice to use our draft picks on the trenches and filling weaknesses in our secondary, special teams and that elusive dynamic OLB and replacement for CJ and TD.

Dorsett isn't going to be drafted in the first. Maybe in the second but I'm willing to say he'll go in third to be honest.

I agree that's where he should go, but in all likelihood the media guys saying he could go 1st are probably getting that info from teams. They say they do extensive scouting themselves but any player moving as much as he has this late in the process is a result of inside info from teams now that they've had the opportunity to watch all the tape. So I really believe he is going top half of the 2nd.

If this is to be believed (I trust the site with it's sources, a lot of times he's spot on) Dorsett is a late first - early second pick.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2015stock_29.php

nice find, will have to remember to check those weekly updates.

"Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami

I've generally been mock drafting Dorsett in the middle of the second round, but in speaking with sources, that is too low. Sources from multiple teams say they don't believe Dorsett will fall that far, and they think that he will be a late first-round or very early second-round pick.

there are a lot [of teams] that are targeting him early in the 2015 NFL Draft."

Any chance we trade up in the second to draft him?

He out played every receiver in the senior bowl that includes Devin Smith, people don't understand he's not just a one trick pony his route running skills are way ahead of any of these receivers coming from spread offenses.

Tony Pauline:

"The day belonged to receiver Phillip Dorsett. ... Dorsett blistered in the 40 ... Afterward, Dorsett was nothing short of sensational during position drills. He ran crisp routes, caught everything thrown in his direction and most importantly, practiced to his 40 time. People who've been attending Hurricane pro days for more than a decade told me Dorsett's performance today was the best they've ever witnessed at a Miami pro day. Yesterday I reported Dorsett had dinner with the New Orleans Saints. Today I can tell you they are bringing the speedy wideout in for a visit. I can also inform that head coach Sean Payton and Jeff Ireland were on the sidelines gushing over Dorsett and talked about what a great fit the receiver would be for their offense."

http://walterfootball.com/proday.php

Now that the Saints have dumped Graham, are the Saints trying to assemble the smallest attacking force in the NFL. Brees, Cooks and Dorsett?

I like Dorsett but at that size will he be able to hold up as a #2 or will he be strictly a #3 slot guy. He can't block so be careful not to overdraft like say a Tavon Austin for a slot receiver.

Honestly, I can see us drafting CB at this point. We seriously lack numbers there. Don't sleep on Kevin Johnson or Byron Jones.

Archived