• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Linebacker in the first?

What would you do with him if we drafted him?

Tbh I don't know but ideally it would be either or for his career ( ideally)

Interesting though there was another thread regarding positional rankings that had him as the 5th best LB and the 2nd best SS. He is an intriguing player for sure. Either position I think he makes us better.

A month out, I get the feeling that OT's are gonna drop just because they all project as G's or RT's.

That means most of the top tier WR's, DE's and CB's will be off the board.

RB, DT might be the best value at 25

Shaq only ever played one game at safety and only put up above average LB, but below average safety numbers at the combine. He appears to play more athletic than his workout numbers suggest but I really don't get the Shaq love as a safety. To me, he's an undersized 4-3 WLB who shouldn't go in the 1st.

Tbh I don't know but ideally it would be either or for his career ( ideally)

Interesting though there was another thread regarding positional rankings that had him as the 5th best LB and the 2nd best SS. He is an intriguing player for sure. Either position I think he makes us better.

He ran 4.64 at the combine, and with his instincts, I think he would be a great "in the box" SS.  However, I think he has the ability to cover as well.  He is, in my opinion, the best all-around football player in this draft and I think people will regret passing on him in a year or two.  I would take him and find a place.

Let's not underestimate what he would mean to special teams either.

When Davis starts to decline, I may look at Shaq at SLB if he wants to play there then (I am guessing 2-3 years).  However, I think he would fix the weakest part of our defense (SS) with elite talent.

alright guys, I know this is the dead time between now and the draft.   I am struggling daily with no news and the dragging days until the draft.  I know this site has been posted multiple times on this site but I am finding www.first-pick.com has been keeping me sane for the past few weeks.  I am gone through it too many times.  I finally got a draft that I think could be close to realistic.  I didn't do any trades, because lets face it we aren't the type of team to make any trades up.  Maybe down to get some more picks because of the massive amount of talent that is considered good but not great after pick 20.  But here is it, I find it very good and some what realistic.  Lets here your feed back... 

p.s. I don't see DJ being there 2nd but, we all know crazy things have happened in the draft. 

Your score is: 6618 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 25: Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia (A)
Round 2 Pick 25: D.J. Humphries, OT, Florida (A)
Round 3 Pick 25: Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 4 Pick 25: Cedric Reed, DE/OLB, Texas (A)
Round 5 Pick 25: Jake Ryan, OLB/ILB, Michigan (B)
Round 5 Pick 33 (COMP): Anthony Harris, SS/FS, Virginia (B)
Round 5 Pick 38 (COMP): Ladarius Gunter, CB, Miami (Fla.) (B+)
Round 6 Pick 25: Ty Montgomery, WR, Stanford (A)
Round 7 Pick 25: Darius Philon, DT, Arkansas (B-)

Archived