• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Holidays suck.

Dex

i get along with both my side of the family and my wife's side. both sides are only an hour away from each other so the only bad part is that we have to run from one family thing to the other and usually have to eat one big meal just a couple hours after the other. both sides have young kids so my kids have kids to play with while the dad's either watch sports on tv (my wife's family) or go out fishing/hunting/walking around the woods/sitting around the fire (my side of the family). when we're with my family around christmas, we will often stay up late and play cards or board games (though we're kind of getting too old to stay up very late).

all that might sound boring, but it's always been a nice break from real life. in fact in my younger days, my home was always where friends from college would come to recuperate from the stresses of school life.

now it's pretty much just family that comes around, but there's a lot of us. there are some good friends that come over as well from time to time and hang out after they get done doing their family things.

most of us live fairly close to each other, but get too busy to see each other very often so holidays are a good excuse to get together. they are far from sucking. in fact they've always been great in my book and since i have had kids it's become even better. i think that's the way it's supposed to be and i'm glad to be part of a situation like that and hope it continues that way the rest of my life.

Archived