• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN Live Mock Draft at 1pm

Mr. Scot

No way Gettleman passes on Shane Ray at 25. He's a blue goose pass rusher, and we all know how Gettleman feels about pass rushers.

Size would be a major question mark. He's only 6'3" 245 lbs and Gettleman likes the big prototype DE's.

Benji does have very iffy hands....what is your point.

I prefer not to have my #1 and #2 WR's have questionable hands.

Smith gives you NOTHING that we do not have with Ginn and Hill....fast vertical speed with questionable hands.

This kid had more yards, receptions, and TDs than both Ginn and Hill in their senior seasons and has better hands than either of them. 

That sounds oddly familiar. Oh yeah, it's how most people described Benji before we drafted him. 

Kid is a deep threat and we sorely need that right now. 

Kelvin ran a pretty full route tree in FSU's pro style offense. His routes were just a little sloppy.

Let's compile a list of things Gettleman does that the Huddle swears he would never do because of Pappyisms on the way a team is supposed to be run

1) Draft for a need

2) Take a high potential, riskier player

3) Draft something other than defensive linemen

4) Isn't obsessed with trading picks

5) Pass on players ranked high on Mel kipers big board

6) Not be helplessly tethered to a lame joke or sentiment he threw out in an interview years ago (hog Molly! Blue goose!!")

I'm missing some I know it

Size would be a major question mark. He's only 6'3" 245 lbs and Gettleman likes the big prototype DE's.

This is such a great point. We passed on Ealy in the first last year for a "project" WR and Ealy is two inches taller and 30 LBs heavier.

One of the Gettleman lines that gets conveniently ignored around here because it doesn't subscribe to the Pappy line of thinking is that Gettleman has an affinity for physical specimens.

This is such a great point. We passed on Ealy in the first last year for a "project" WR and Ealy is two inches taller and 30 LBs heavier.

One of the Gettleman lines that gets conveniently ignored around here because it doesn't subscribe to the Pappy line of thinking is that Gettleman has an affinity for physical specimens.

I think it's fair to say that Gettleman goes for prototypical size at every position. I don't know that he has signed, drafted or re-signed anyone that doesn't have ideal NFL size. Ted Ginn maybe, but really he is more or less the body type that works best as a KR/PR. Even the guy he drafted to play the slot CB, Bene, is 6'0" so that is definitely something to watch for when prognosticating his picks.

I'd really hesitate to predict any pick for a guy who could be undersized with the exception of something like a slot receiver or 3rd down back. Sub 5'9" CBs, sub 6'3" DEs, sub 245 lb DE's, sub 300 lb DT's are all probably not going to be picked in the first 4-5 rounds by Gettleman.

Benji does have very iffy hands....what is your point.

I prefer not to have my #1 and #2 WR's have questionable hands.

Smith gives you NOTHING that we do not have with Ginn and Hill....fast vertical speed with questionable hands.

Since when does Smith have "iffy" hands? He routinely makes difficult catches.

Archived