• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cornerback in the first?

AU-panther

Also, if Norman plays like he did last season he is going to get PAID and who knows if Gettleman will break the bank on him

The way the CB market is right now Norman is going to get $6M/year if he plays half as well as he did last year. $10M+ if he matches or exceeds it.

He was also pretty terrible in 2013 when he played in the 1st half of the season.

The entire Bears Defense was terrible.

Also, if Norman plays like he did last season he is going to get PAID and who knows if Gettleman will break the bank on him

Panthers have 70+ million to spend next season.

I don't understand this board

All season long they cry and complain about needing better receivers and linemen but when the draft is nearing all of a sudden they want defense.

In my case, I just want the best player. That shouldn't be hard to understand.

The question is who's the best player?

Yes we need another receiver, but you have to pay attention to the way Dave goes about his business. Last year we took Kelvin and Kony early. Dave did not like Steve's locker room attitude so he got rid of him. He also knew he had the issue of Greg's contract looming. What did he do? He addressed both in the draft. Same as this year, if Josh has another great year at corner he will demand a top salary. Dave knows this, so he has to protect the team by grabbing a top corner in the draft so we are not held hostage at the position next year. We can grab a receiver or a tackle in the second round. If Cameron Irving or Gurley are sitting at 25 Dave will have a tough choice.

I don't understand this board

All season long they cry and complain about needing better receivers and linemen but when the draft is nearing all of a sudden they want defense.

I didn't say I wanted defense in the first. I just said the board might fall that way and that is what we end up taking.

Archived